Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:20 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,049 times

Advertisements

So, I have a question.
When I finally get up off my lazy butt and start exercising again ( ) what can I do to prevent my chest from being the first thing that goes?!?! My oh my.. is it annoying. Not only because I don't need it to get any smaller (need, want.. whatever) but I don't want to go out and buy new bras. Plus, it makes me look bigger around the middle (where I WANT to loose it) because its not porportionate.
Ah, I know I am not the only one with this problem.. but is there any way to prevent it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 12:26 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,099 times
LOL! I noticed the same thing myself. I lose a bra size and my face sinks in when I lose weight! Now it would likely all turn to wrinkles, which is a good excuse not to lose much...especially when without control top pantyhose I have to choose my clothes with care to go out of the house.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:39 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
LOL I must be weird. I never lose weight in my boobs, but I gain there. I don't get it. I'd gladly give you both some. When you have a big chest (I'm not huge - 38C or D, depending on the bra) and small hips, you look big no matter what you wear. Me? I look like an apple with two sticks coming out of the bottom.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:51 PM

192 posts, read 864,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
LOL! I noticed the same thing myself. I lose a bra size and my face sinks in when I lose weight! Now it would likely all turn to wrinkles, which is a good excuse not to lose much.
Oh, dear...same here!

I've compromised by settling on a target "comfort" weight and making sure I don't go above it, nor more than 5 lbs below. There's no point in having an almost-flat stomach if my face looks like I'm **** Jagger's sister!

So now I have a little bit of tummy but less (not 'none', sadly) wrinkles. And a B cup which is what I've been most of my life except when I was almost 20 lbs overweight and went up to a C (and looked six months pregnant; there's no justice!)

My feeling is: bra sizes can be 'plumped', a not-so-flat tummy can be 'control-topped'.... but for the face, the only real fix is plastic surgery!
Never, never, never!

(p.s. - I have NO idea why the forum replaced my typing of the first name of the Rolling Stone's lead singer with asterisks! I did type an "M"... honestly!!!!!)

Old 03-29-2007, 03:06 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
My weight tends to fluctuate and I have to gain/lose a good 15 lbs before my cup size will change. My band size changes from gaining/losing 10 lbs. I hate the thought of smaller breasts...I like my breasts and my husband *loves* them...but I try to console myself (when I lose the weight) that it'll be that much less to sag later on in life.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:01 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,142,752 times
I think maybe if you're losing weight and doing cardio to make sure you do some weights to so as not to lose muscle (or boob) mass. One good exercise for the chest is to take weights (or cans) and push them outwards at chest level.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:04 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,128 times
Same here I lose it in the face and chest first. If I start to lose to much weight my husband calls me "Nancy Regan" because she has that long skinny face!!

Old 03-29-2007, 05:53 PM

279 posts, read 1,859,370 times
I wish I had this problem. My boobs (which are huge) stay big but I lose around my back and middle so my bra size goes up.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:21 PM

489 posts, read 2,015,127 times
Unfortunately, this does seem to be a common problem. Also, very unfortunately for me, the only time my cup size grows is when I gain 20 or more pounds (which, of course, does not look right on my small frame - I am actually considered unhealthy at present due to a very large spare tire). So, while I may be happy with what is going on in that one area of my body, I am TOTALLY unhappy with every other area. Nothing fits, and I've been physically uncomfortable for some time now due to the weight gain so I'll be glad to say goodbye to the "twins", and the sooner, the better, as far as I'm concerned because while they are usually the last place I put weight on, they are the first place I lose it, and I'm SO READY to get back into my clothes from a few years ago. I don't know about you poprocks, but I would rather be happy with all the other areas of my body and feel good about myself rather than have a larger cup size and feel totally bad about myself. Not exactly a good trade-off just to have boobs! And you're right . . . once "they" are gone, if you don't have six-pack abs, then your belly is really noticeable. LOLOLOL

Must be nice, nomoresnow!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:09 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
no guys want to post in this thread?? no guys wearing a bro-zairre?

from a guys' perspective, id much rather have my woman feel better about herself, and have smaller boobies..... i've never minded smaller boobs,,,,(the nipples look bigger) and when the nipple perks -up,,,,usually means we are doing...something right,,lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness