Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 07:04 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times

Advertisements

I used to dream in very vivid color. I miss it! My husband tells me I'm a restless sleeper, although I don't wake up tired. I wonder if I'm just reaching REM sleep shortly before I wake up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,988 times
I always have intense, weird dreams, and most are not good. Even as a kid, I always remember them. To this day, I remember a few dreams from my childhood.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:40 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
I think I always dream - I didn't realize until I read some yrs. ago that most people don't dream in color - I always have (as far as I know) and I also dream about people that I don't know (which I also read is unusual).

Old 09-04-2009, 08:30 PM

811 posts, read 1,386,853 times
Though I usually sleep through the night, I sometimes dream and dream and dream, so I don't feel I've had a restful sleep. I dream in color, but I don't often remember my dreams. I don't have nightmares, but my dreams are rarely pleasant- they're usually bizarre, and I have a couple recurring ones. In some, I dream about a tornado. I see it coming and try to warn people to take shelter, but they always ignore me. In another, I am in a hurry to get somewhere- work, appointment, whatever. I'm trying to figure out what time it is but there are clocks everywhere, and they all have different times on them! Perhaps I'm a bit stressed? (Ha!)

Old 09-27-2009, 05:19 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,021,530 times
I dream almost every night. For me, there are three deciding factors to whether I am going to dream.

1: Comfort. If I'm not 100% comfortable, it won't happen. That means the bed, the sheets, the temperature, no hunger, etc.
2: Timing. If I go to bed later rather than earlier it doesn't happen.
3: Sugar. If I consume anything that has processed sugar (soda, candy, cookies, cereal, etc), it wears me out because my metabolism is so high. In that case, if I choose to sleep I often dream, provided the first two conditions were met.

When I was younger I had fairly intense dreams and even more intense nightmares. Once I mastered lucid dreaming, I got in sync with my surroundings, to the point that if my alarm goes off, my brain translates it as something else - a phone ringing, for example - but I still know I'm dreaming, and can then choose to wake up or not. Or if I'm being chased, which happens frequently, I can choose to run for the fun of it or wake up and avoid it, go back to sleep and into a different dream. I can also usually remember my dreams afterwards which not a lot of people can do.

If you're concerned about not dreaming, I would suggest you make sure your sleeping environment is as comfortable as it can be for you.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,507 times
I don't dream a lot, but every now and then I do, seems like I have more lately than usual.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:03 PM

273 posts, read 655,641 times
I don't think colors are the focus. It's the activity in the dream. I think I'm going to remember a dream when I wake up to turn over, but I hardly ever do if another follows.

Like writing on an inspiration which the next day seems trivial, dreams don't seem to hold much influence on waking life.

I've dreamed of watching an airliner go down countless times. I live near an airport and am bothered by the noise. To say that I wish for a crash would be silly, but some people try to read these things into dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness