Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,393,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa "Hillbilly" Steve View Post
Hi. Just want to relate to you what has happened to me in the past, and what i ultimately decided to do, to remedy my problem. To try and make a long story short, one day i had blood in my urine. After my first Dr. visit it was decided i had prostatitis. However, my only simptom was to me the scariest one, the blood. So I get pills, it goes away. Comes back again, same pills, this time more testing including a tiny camera going where it shouldnt go, x rays, this and that. Don't have cancer, just, they say, prostatitis. Pills don't work so well this time, so i get a stronger one or different one, finally clears up. I'm fine until it comes back again 6 or so month later. Ok, I'm thinking, I'm not going to be taking these pills the rest of my life. Besides, not being one who believes in alot of medications to begin with, I've got to see if i can do something with this on my own, without meds, something more natural,yeah, perhaps one of those "natural" cures. Boom, it comes back again, the blood, plenty of it. No Dr. this time. Maybe there's another way? For ME anyway, there was. What cleared my problem twice as fast as the medication i had taken in the past was 3 parts warm water with one part organic apple cider vinegar with "the mother". Drank, or rather sipped that like i was drinking tea 3 or 4 times a day. That was several years ago. My problem hasn't returned. Still do my concoction with the vinegar, not nearly as much though. Again, this is just what I did and what worked FOR ME. Hope your husband finds HIS answer!
Apple Cider Vinegar with "The Mother" is such good stuff. I love the Bragg brand and take it myself. Great for female problems too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 05:57 PM

214 posts, read 1,981,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
Apple Cider Vinegar with "The Mother" is such good stuff. I love the Bragg brand and take it myself. Great for female problems too.
What is "the mother"?

Old 04-26-2010, 06:21 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,160,431 times
Definitely go for more extensive testing, too many can be a sign of something more serious.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:49 PM

427 posts, read 550,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamarie View Post
What is "the mother"?
In a nutshell, what you usually see in a store is distilled vinegar, which destroys the powerful enzymes. And, it's "eye appealing" for the consumer. When you see raw, natural organic vinegar, and you see a dark, cloudy foam at the bottom of the jar--thats "the mother". It forms naturally in unpasteurized vinegar, which is where you're getting all the powerful enzymes and minerals.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:54 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,393,109 times
Quote:
What is "the mother"?
It is like a sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Shake up the bottle before you use the vinegar. I'll put about a tbsp in a cup of water and have actually grown to like the taste of it. I've had the best luck finding it at GNC. I find that other stores, especially natural food stores, tend to run out of it.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
My husband has had three Urinary track infections in a row. He has taken two kinds of antibiotics and none of them have worked. Everytime he comes off the antibiotic the infection returns in a couple days. He had a CT scan done of his abdomen after the second one and everything was fine. The Uroligist said the antibiotics he was taking (Ciprofloxacin 750's for 20days) would clear it up. That was during the second infection. He is down to his last pill today and has already told me that he can tell it did not work and expects it to be back in full in a couple days. This will be the fourth infection now in a row. Any ideas what may be going on? He has not had any blood work done through all of this. Would some blood work maybe help indicate something? We are desperate for some answers.
I feel your pain, I had the same thing for almost five years. Short programs of anti biotics kill off the obvious but the base of the infection is still somewhere they haven't reached . I had to stay on Cipro for extended periods to root it out

Old 04-29-2010, 11:11 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Urinary infection can be the pitts at times. I've had the constant problem for 6 yrs now with a TURP ( my 2nd in 14 yrs) going to be scheduled soon. Cipro is a strong antibiotic but there is the possibility of a strain that is immune to the pill...thats me.

Restriction via the prostate could be his problem and the bladder NOT emptying all the way ending up with the infection. The cysto exam will show what the problem may be. Pray he does not have any LOW back pain on either side (kidney problems), chills or high fever the same time. That would require a Quick trip to the ER as my DR told me in my case.

Good luck. Steve

Old 05-01-2010, 07:45 AM

214 posts, read 1,981,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I feel your pain, I had the same thing for almost five years. Short programs of anti biotics kill off the obvious but the base of the infection is still somewhere they haven't reached . I had to stay on Cipro for extended periods to root it out
Just curious how long did you need to be on Cipro and what the dosage was. I have been taking the 750's for 30 days but that has not done it.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 PM

39 posts, read 115,206 times
To the OP, has anyone considered that you do NOT have a urinary tract infection?

With all these tests that you have had, you should know by now what the name of the bacteria that is causing your presumed UTI is.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:09 PM

3 posts, read 6,846 times
Has the Dr talked to him about Intercystial cystitis? It does happen in men as well as women, just not as often. I had the exact same problem over and over. The urologist brought me in for a cystoscopy and found the IC right away and is treating it with Elmiron. It takes a from 4 weeks to 3 months to get the full effect of the medicine, but just knowing what was wrong was a huge relief. I hope they find out what's wrong soon and he feels better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness