Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:41 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,962 times

Advertisements

Laugh often
Love often
Don't smoke
Don't fight or argue very often
Eat right - most of the time..I do cave into the occassional brownie
Exercise
Retail therapy
Enjoy time with friends
Use sunscreens and moisturizers

I've had my share of hardships in life and it has taught me what matters is that I have my health, family and at the end of every day, I've done my best and not worry about the rest....helps reduce wrinkles and frown lines!

Last edited by seeniorita; 04-14-2010 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 08:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
There not always caused by frowning, are they?
Oh, there's probably a genetic/inherited component to it. My husband looks like a younger Sean Connery, with the heavy eyebrows and dark eyes, and he has had forehead lines and a crease between his brows for many years. It gives him a serious, even stern look.

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/f...040423-930.jpg

Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
-I avoid drama (which means I tend to avoid people who surround themselves with drama)
-stay active with my husband by working on the house, yard, travel, activities with the kids, etc.
-spend time outdoors whenever possible
-laugh a lot, mostly at my own expense
-never take myself too seriously

Old 04-14-2010, 08:56 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
My husband wishes I would shop in the mall and come home with only 2 outfits!!! My shopping is all done online and I'm on a first name basis with the UPS and FedEx guys.
God, you sound like my sister.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:57 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Some of my old classmates on Facebook look 10+ years older than me. I don't know what they've done to themselves.

What I do:

Sleep 8 hours a day almost every night
Eat real food only, i.e. no "frankenfoods"
Don't get fat - a five pound weight gain should be taken seriously!!!!
Get plenty of exercise, five days a week at minimum

Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
I think that genetics plays a big part in how well people age although a person needs to take care of themselves. When I went to my 40th high school reunion I didn't feel quite as bad about how I've aged when I saw some of wrinkled bags of the walking dead who used to be my classmates. One thing that I've noticed is that kids who are the baby faced types who always looked much younger than they were tend to age better than the mature looking kids and that's pure genetics. There were maybe three women at the reunion who really looked hot and one in particular could have passed for a thirty five year old but I couldn't even recognize most of my classmates.
Probably the most important things a person can do to avoid aging faster than normal is to remain physically active and to eat healthy foods. I'm very skeptical about most of the claims about various vitamins and supplements.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times
I'm pretty lucky...thanks to great genetics I could pass for 35 instead of 44..I've had people say to me, "No you are not X years old."
I also do not smoke, drink alcohol or do any drugs. I avoid the sun but I will go out without sunscreen and don't mind hiking or sitting in the sun when it's cool but I don't try to get a tan.
I exercise and yeah, I am overweight (but not insanely). Many gaunt women look a lot older (IMO) than 'heavier' ones. No, let's not turn this into a weight debate, though, kids!
I don't dye my hair (it's only a tiny bit grey and I don't care..). I probably will never dye my hair ever again...
Like I said, I have/had a lot of relatives in their 90s and 80s who aged very well on both sides of the family so I just take that as a blessing.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:35 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
abstain from smoking cigarettes
drink in extreme moderation
sleep well every night
have a relatively low-stress job/career
work out regularly
eat healthy every day

Old 04-14-2010, 09:42 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
My husband wishes I would shop in the mall and come home with only 2 outfits!!! My shopping is all done online and I'm on a first name basis with the UPS and FedEx guys.
Sounds like you're single handedly keeping them in business.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:44 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Sounds like you're single handedly keeping them in business.
Yeah, it's a leading indicator for FDX and UPS - Buy!!, Buy!!, Buy!!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness