Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 04:03 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,695,467 times

Advertisements

I thought this was an interesting read on the Moors. Check it out:

When Black Men Ruled the World: 8 Things The Moors Brought to Europe - Atlanta Blackstar

Old 05-09-2015, 02:05 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amer'Indian Warrior View Post
Negative. The Moors were and are just dark skinned North Africans. Steer far away from these delusional black groups( Moorish Americans, Wa****aw, Yamassee)calling themselves Moors and are not, they just try to spread Afrocentric lies. The fact is these Moorish people carry different features from very dark to very light. Afrocentrics live in a fantasy world making it seem that EVERY dark skinned individuals are black. However, that is not the case they are just going by that one drop rule nonsense which is not even legit but started by Eurocentrics themselves. I would encourage these pro black folks to learn the etymology of the word they are using. No the Moors were not black even the terms Moros, Mauros, Moro, Moreno, etc is defined as being dark not black.
The bolded is very accurate Black people don't have a monopoly on dark(black skin) It is an adaptation to UVR(ultraviolet radiation) found on several continents. However the "Moors" weren't Black they were initially primarily Berber and Arab to a lesser extent, over time they evolved to be an ethnicity of mixed ancestry(Arabs, Berbers, Native Iberians, Slavs, Jews that converted to Islam and a few Sub-Saharan Africans).

Old 05-09-2015, 10:05 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
I thought this was an interesting read on the Moors. Check it out:

When Black Men Ruled the World: 8 Things The Moors Brought to Europe - Atlanta Blackstar

Except that it is all crap.

The Renaissance happened through Italy re-discovering classical Greek and Roman sources, mostly though the Catholic Church and its monastic outposts. Most of what this article is claiming as Spanish via the Moors is actually Greco-Roman via Italy.

And again, the Moors weren't exclusively or even largely black, so the title of the article is drivel as well.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:31 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,286,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I just got done watching a special about the dark ages and in the reenactments they show the moors that invaded Spain and Italy as looking Mediterranean or Arab. I've always been under the belief that the moors started out more black than Arab looking from the paintings and other art work I've seen.
if you look at all north Africans and those on the Arabian Peninsula, one finds quite a degree of mixture. DNA studies confirm this as well.

the extent of Sub-Saharan Africa is through Sudan, ancient Nubia.

i find the line of inquiry fraught with pitfalls for those with outdated ideas of race. I am sure you will get some doozies.

S.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:54 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times
Wild Style,

You've proved it with the pictures you've submitted. Those pics are worth a thousand words. Case closed.

The posters that are continuing to debate and argue against you are in DENIAL and its plain for anyone to see. It hurts their feelings and heretofore unchallenged sense of racial pride and superiority to admit that the Moors were Blacks. Too bad, they'll get over it. I had to laugh at the one poster who said "they were of no color". How is that possible? That is they same thing I've heard a few say about the ancient Egyptians. That they were not Black but some unknown brownish people who "looked" Black but were not and they no longer exist. Really? Hahahahahahaha! What intelligent person would believe that crap?

Old 05-10-2015, 11:14 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Wild Style,

You've proved it with the pictures you've submitted. Those pics are worth a thousand words. Case closed.

The posters that are continuing to debate and argue against you are in DENIAL and its plain for anyone to see. It hurts their feelings and heretofore unchallenged sense of racial pride and superiority to admit that the Moors were Blacks. Too bad, they'll get over it. I had to laugh at the one poster who said "they were of no color". How is that possible? That is they same thing I've heard a few say about the ancient Egyptians. That they were not Black but some unknown brownish people who "looked" Black but were not and they no longer exist. Really? Hahahahahahaha! What intelligent person would believe that crap?
If the Moors were Black then why don't the people currently living in the Iberian Peninsula(Spaniards, Portuguese) carry Y-DNA with origins in sub-saharan Africa keep in mind Moors were in the Iberian Peninsula 700 years DNA is scientific however pictures don't prove anything unless someone is grasping at straws in desperation. Racial pride means nothing to me I don't identify primarily by race but by ethnicity which is Portuguese and I find it amusing that individuals take such interest in the history of the peninsula my forefathers are from but I oppose your attempt to rewrite our history to suit your needs.

Last edited by AFP; 05-10-2015 at 11:30 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 12:31 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Wild Style,

Clearly all black Africans.

It never ceases to amaze me. Why don't you take two minutes out of you life to do a google search? the pictures of the moors are all over the board from black to white and everything in between...indicating that it is not a description of a racial group as of a disparate people with a shared cultural identity.

I am sure that after viewing these pictures who will now admit that the Moors were white.

By the by, most are from Wiki meaning:

A) you could have found them yourself with minimal effort, and
B) no copyright issues, mods!

Old 05-11-2015, 07:41 AM

43 posts, read 48,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The bolded is very accurate Black people don't have a monopoly on dark(black skin) It is an adaptation to UVR(ultraviolet radiation) found on several continents. However the "Moors" weren't Black they were initially primarily Berber and Arab to a lesser extent, over time they evolved to be an ethnicity of mixed ancestry(Arabs, Berbers, Native Iberians, Slavs, Jews that converted to Islam and a few Sub-Saharan Africans).
Exactly

Old 05-11-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Wild Style,

Only idiots believe Moors were black or the ancient Egyptians. Moderator cut: .

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-12-2015 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: Don't call people idiots.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
If the Moors were Black then why don't the people currently living in the Iberian Peninsula(Spaniards, Portuguese) carry Y-DNA with origins in sub-saharan Africa keep in mind Moors were in the Iberian Peninsula 700 years DNA is scientific however pictures don't prove anything unless someone is grasping at straws in desperation. Racial pride means nothing to me I don't identify primarily by race but by ethnicity which is Portuguese and I find it amusing that individuals take such interest in the history of the peninsula my forefathers are from but I oppose your attempt to rewrite our history to suit your needs.
Right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History