Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 01:07 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,115,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
again, how many times do i have to repeat it

I specifically asked you not to repeat, yet you do once more. I asked why. You have already provided the list, three times now, and you have specified that success is defined by the most robust reproduction.

My question was why that reproductive element is more important than the other elements you listed. You have not answered that question, only repeated the classifications.

Do you not understand? How could I make myself any more clear?

I am not after another presentation of the classifications, so unconfuse yourself about that.

Surely you are not ducking the question, not someone who so freely calls others cowards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 01:29 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Quote:
i have already explained my reasoning! if you can't follow, thats your problem.

disagree, fine; but don't cowardly define the whole discussion as folly because you don't have, or refuse to admit, your position!

again, i've already said that 'race' is a purely social construct, however that does not negate its impact! how you can even argue this is beyond me! besides religion and perhaps gender or language; what human segragating criteria has divided us more throughout history

which is one reason why i chose to discuss 'race'.
I actually can't follow because you have not actually defined anything. You have made a rather succinct statement and invoked a generality. What you have not done is provide an actual explanation on why. Why is the "most numerous" the best definition of success? Why do you feel you can claim Caucasoid "hegemony", etc.?

I am claiming folly because I fail to see the relevancy of the discussion. "Most succesful" is an incredibly subjective term. Of course concepts of race have impacted history, but you are not seeking to explore those within a defined environment, time period or event where they could be logically addressed. By applying the flawed concept to the totality of human history you are engaging in nothing but a fool's errand.

Please list the reasons why you chose to discuss "race"...

Quote:
doesn't matter!

again, you're acting cowardly. based on bone structure, most ancient Egyptians are considered caucasion by most anthropoligists.
Of course it matters. If you can't see how it matters, it simply proves your shortcomings in approaching this topic and why it is all irrelevant.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:00 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The human races ('white/caucasian', 'black/African', etc.) have no biological basis.

Biologically define, for example, the black race. Well? You can't. You can define a biological race - taxonomists do this all the time. To say that there are biological differences between one given white person and one given black person, and that this means there is a biological basis to human races, profoundly misunderstands the situation.

Name a single gene that all white people possess and that no black people possess. Well? You can't there isn't one. Not one.

Why?

Because race in terms of the human races is a social construct.

Yep.

By that standard, North Koreans are more 'successful' as a collective group than, say, Norwegians. Odd idea of success, that.
Rs1426654 - SNPedia

Just sayin...

Old 03-25-2014, 03:41 PM

579 posts, read 761,916 times
Definitely blacks

Old 03-25-2014, 03:41 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
Chinese Crested Powderpuffs are the most successful race.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:54 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Was it Jesse Owens winning the 200 meter sprint at the 1936 Berlin Olympics?
The Jamaicans are doing pretty good right now in the sprints. Jimmy Johnson is kicking tail too

As far as the many derivatives of the human race go, it looks like various Ethnic/Racial groups have had their turn, but more often than not it is a national identity. Currently the most dominant culture would the US which of course is quite mixed. If China becomes the next dominant culture it won't be because of their ethnic make up.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 03-25-2014 at 04:03 PM..

Old 03-25-2014, 05:31 PM

54 posts, read 58,768 times
What about the Jews, with their global conspiracy?

Old 03-25-2014, 05:54 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Got to be the Melungeons. They have successufully dispersed themselves among the other "races."

Old 03-25-2014, 06:36 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolava View Post
What about the Jews, with their global conspiracy?
Oh yeah..All the banks and diamonds and they control Valentines day, chocolate and hallmark cards to convince stupid men to buy diamonds, flowers and cards for women...They are powerful. And don't forget about King David!

Old 03-25-2014, 07:51 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,060,161 times
Jesse Owens won the Olympic race and also won the battle of the human race against the so-called master race in disproving Hitler and Goebbels' ideological racial propaganda theories against non-aryan peoples as being "unfit"

As who was most "fit" to win the Olympic race...Jesse Owens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History