Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 08:19 PM

4,800 posts, read 2,802,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
You are welcome , I was not trying to offend anyone but the white people in the west are too caught up with political correctness and they need to realize that other people from asia, middle east , Africa ( not just muslims but all religions there) pose an existential threat to them and they need to approach this problem in a Machiavellian way
reminds of a saying I heard which may have been said by a Russian general, "the only warcrime is losing the war"
Caucasians in the West? Does that include or exclude Jews, Roma, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, Pacific Islanders & on & on? (& of course, Hispanics can be of any race or a mixture.) This whole conversation would go better if you could define these terms better.

PC is an ironic stance towards revealed political ideology, usually as contained in lumbering discussions of class & economic analysis & etc. That's how it started out, @ least. Whatever spin Rush Limbaugh & cohorts have put on it, I haven't kept up with that. In any event, PC does not control our political processes, the Congress, the Executive nor the Judiciary, & certainly not the Pentagon. The Corporate World in the US is certainly not concerned about PC, except to a very limited PR POV.

Other people pose an existential threat to the West - How is that? The reason that Germany, for instance, imports so much permanent labor force, is that they can't fill all the slots with the people they have on hand, coming up through their school system. Partly this is due to the losses to WWI & WWII, & partly it's that the German economy did well throughout the post-WWII period.

I don't know that the various ethnicities & cultural backgrounds that immigrants bring to Europe specifically are an existential threat to them. They (Europe) may need to clamp down on accepting young unattached males with no particular job skills nor education - but those are a series of decisions that the individual countries - or maybe the EC - will have to take. In the US, we've done better than Europe thus far in including Islamics & other faiths & cultures into mainstream life.

Why do you single out religions? I can see that a fanatic attachment to Islam can be problematic, but I don't think many Jews are leaving to go to the West. & Christians of whatever stripe should find a warm welcome in the West too.

Machiavellian treatment & Soviet doctrine & tactics in Afghanistan, for instance - were absolutely brutal. Machiavelli simply put the interests of the state above those of the individuals. The Soviets had a free hand in Afghanistan, & failed utterly to deliver a tame government & countryside to the Afghan Communist Party. So brute force - on a scale we in the West haven't seen since the Soviet invasion of Germany @ the end of WWII - has already been tried & failed, in dealing with Jihadists. What else do you suggest we try?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 05:50 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Air is clear you moron. How much do they pay you for psy-ops?

Positive Vibes

Hillary Clinton: Destroy Syria for Israel:

Let me guess. Attack the sources. Attack the poster. Cash check. Skeptinazi paradigm from early 1940s?
In other words, overthrowing the Assad regime is 'taking out Syria'. And you act like the administration's stated goal of deposing Assad is some sort of secret. It's not - it's been official policy for five years. But I guess you'd have had to actually pay attention to know that.

But, hey, feel free to actually produce those emails, rather than cryptic quotes of two or three words. The emails have been Wikileaked, after all, so they're available.

Well?

I'll be waiting. But I won't be holding my breath. After all, you've got psychics.

From your idiotic site:

Quote:
Israel is an evil state and a psychic prediction is that the Israeli’s will be swept off the land of Palestine for all time, in a war with Egypt, Iraq and Syria. I expect this to come a few months after the USA is wiped of the map, in November 2016. By April or May, Israel will be no more!
Yeah, if anyone is dumb enough to cite a blog containing rabidly anti-Israel psychic future-telling, I'll call out that idiocy for what it is.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:10 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
But that's the problem , a great majority of European and US leaders continue to think of Russia as their biggest and greatest enemy and they are continuing to support a lot of middle eastern countries just because they are historical enemies of Russia ( and they are invariably muslim ).Even though India right now is on good terms with the west, it is in our best interests in the west to keep india occupied with petty disputes with its neighbors and surrounded by enemies
DIVIDE and rule should be the policy

I'm personally pro-german ( I think Europe unified under this new pluralistic democritic Germany is a force for good not evil like the Nazis) and pro-Slavic as well , I think we need to stop this cold war mentality and encourage a entente between the West and Russia. Israel is pretty much a western country not because its my theological belief of their moral superiority but because in terms of demographics most Israelis are of European descent.

I don't want ANY muslim country that is anti-Russian as an ally of the west, I think if the Russians and Chinese if properly supported by the West can definitely keep these muslim countries in check.I have no problem with muslim countries like Malaysia and Indonesia Bangladesh who are not natural enemies of Russia.But countries like Iran,Turkey,pakistan,Saudi Arabia ,Egypt etc need to be kept in check firstly by exploiting their internal rivalries and secondly by making Russia stronger and more menacing to them.
And you say this two years after Russia unlawfully changed state borders with force in Europe for the first time since WWII?

We gave the Russians more than one chance. The West took Russia into the common tables, stroke deals, invested in Russia - and Russia blew it. First in Georgia, then in Crimea. Their benevolence and appeasement was only a facade.

And damn right Russia is a threat. It's the ONLY military threat to my country. Same with the Baltic States, Poland, Moldova, Romania and Turkey. Ukraine already have felt it.

Recent events have shown that Russia isn't interested in any way to get closer to the West. And check Russian media. They spew hate towards the US, Obama, NATO, Turkey, Britain, France and especially Poland and the Baltic States.

Russian hard-line nationalists want four things above everything. The first is to gain strength to be considered an equal to the US around the world. The second is to crush and annex the Baltic States who are now so loudmouths when they are in NATO and EU. The last two? Warsaw and Helsinki.

IDK if you've seen this, but this is not a joke. It was aired on TV:

Last edited by Ariete; 06-21-2016 at 07:19 AM..

Old 06-21-2016, 07:17 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,305,141 times
How far from the topic are we now?

Old 06-22-2016, 02:39 AM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And you say this two years after Russia unlawfully changed state borders with force in Europe for the first time since WWII?

We gave the Russians more than one chance. The West took Russia into the common tables, stroke deals, invested in Russia - and Russia blew it.
That given "chance" was to become the third world country, with rolling the red carpet for Western corporations to take over Russia's natural resources and to become a market for dumping western- made ( or rather Chinese-made) products.
No surprise that Russians didn't accept such "generous gift."

Quote:
First in Georgia, then in Crimea. Their benevolence and appeasement was only a facade.
Yes, it took time for them to figure things out, to realize American advancement and attack on Russian geopolitical interests, and to respond accordingly.

Quote:
And damn right Russia is a threat. It's the ONLY military threat to my country.
When Russia is not threatened, it's no threat to anyone. But when it's under attack - yes, those around her should fear to become a buffer zone used for protection of Russian interests yet again.

Quote:
Same with the Baltic States, Poland, Moldova, Romania and Turkey.
Yep, it's all the same - when Russia is under no threat, these countries are under no threat as well.

Quote:
Ukraine already have felt it.
Indeed it "felt it," since it invited Americans yet again too close to Russian borders.

Quote:
Recent events have shown that Russia isn't interested in any way to get closer to the West.
It was interested; genuinely interested. Back in the nineties as I've already said many times before, but the "closeness" that has been offered to Russia in return was the closeness of a colonial kind.

Quote:
And check Russian media. They spew hate towards the US, Obama, NATO, Turkey, Britain, France and especially Poland and the Baltic States.
So... what happened to Germany on this list?

Quote:
Russian hard-line nationalists want four things above everything. The first is to gain strength to be considered an equal to the US around the world.
And why do you find it so particularly offensive?

Quote:
The second is to crush and annex the Baltic States who are now so loudmouths when they are in NATO and EU. The last two? Warsaw and Helsinki.

Russian hard-line nationalists want four things above everything. The first is to gain strength to be considered an equal to the US around the world. The second is to crush and annex the Baltic States who are now so loudmouths when they are in NATO and EU. The last two? Warsaw and Helsinki.
Oh, but that's nationalists.
Nationalists represent only small fraction of political force, they are nowhere in power ( unlike in Ukraine,) so their aspirations can't materialize.

Quote:
IDK if you've seen this, but this is not a joke. It was aired on TV:
So? Russian gov. will use for propaganda purposes truth mixed with lies, and Russian population will accept it, seeing it through the prism of their recent experience with the West and suffering inflicted upon them yet again.
It was all quite predictable, and it's a sign of times.

Last edited by erasure; 06-22-2016 at 02:50 AM..

Old 06-22-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Caucasians in the West? Does that include or exclude Jews, Roma, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, Pacific Islanders & on & on? (& of course, Hispanics can be of any race or a mixture.) This whole conversation would go better if you could define these terms better.

PC is an ironic stance towards revealed political ideology, usually as contained in lumbering discussions of class & economic analysis & etc. That's how it started out, @ least. Whatever spin Rush Limbaugh & cohorts have put on it, I haven't kept up with that. In any event, PC does not control our political processes, the Congress, the Executive nor the Judiciary, & certainly not the Pentagon. The Corporate World in the US is certainly not concerned about PC, except to a very limited PR POV.

Other people pose an existential threat to the West - How is that? The reason that Germany, for instance, imports so much permanent labor force, is that they can't fill all the slots with the people they have on hand, coming up through their school system. Partly this is due to the losses to WWI & WWII, & partly it's that the German economy did well throughout the post-WWII period.

I don't know that the various ethnicities & cultural backgrounds that immigrants bring to Europe specifically are an existential threat to them. They (Europe) may need to clamp down on accepting young unattached males with no particular job skills nor education - but those are a series of decisions that the individual countries - or maybe the EC - will have to take. In the US, we've done better than Europe thus far in including Islamics & other faiths & cultures into mainstream life.

Why do you single out religions? I can see that a fanatic attachment to Islam can be problematic, but I don't think many Jews are leaving to go to the West. & Christians of whatever stripe should find a warm welcome in the West too.

Machiavellian treatment & Soviet doctrine & tactics in Afghanistan, for instance - were absolutely brutal. Machiavelli simply put the interests of the state above those of the individuals. The Soviets had a free hand in Afghanistan, & failed utterly to deliver a tame government & countryside to the Afghan Communist Party. So brute force - on a scale we in the West haven't seen since the Soviet invasion of Germany @ the end of WWII - has already been tried & failed, in dealing with Jihadists. What else do you suggest we try?
Not supporting the jihaddist may be?

http://i.imgur.com/qdCuOIk.jpg

Old 06-22-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Not supporting the jihaddist may be?
I rather support the jihadists if they are against that bulge of Asia, aka "der ewige Russe". Go Chechnya!

Old 06-22-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I rather support the jihadists if they are against that bulge of Asia, aka "der ewige Russe". Go Chechnya!
I suspect people that participated in Boston marathon one unfortunate day might disagree with you.

See, that's why you can't trust/see the world through the eyes of Eastern Europeans.
Although I do understand their outlook and even feel empathetic ( I believe that's the correct word,) it gives a very skewed view of Russia and the rest of the world.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I suspect people that participated in Boston marathon one unfortunate day might disagree with you.

See, that's why you can't trust/see the world through the eyes of Eastern Europeans.
Although I do understand their outlook and even feel empathetic ( I believe that's the correct word,) it gives a very skewed view of Russia and the rest of the world.
Who cares if I'm having high-fives with an jihadist on the Urals?

But when that is not gonna happen, I can't comment on the Russian paranoia where everyone seems to be against them. I hope that Russia stays weak and depressed but doesn't collapse, as then we have to have target practice. And if you get money, give give give it to us. We are more than happy to trade with Russia.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Who cares if I'm having high-fives with an jihadist on the Urals?
But when that is not gonna happen, I can't comment on the Russian paranoia where everyone seems to be against them. I hope that Russia stays weak and depressed but doesn't collapse, as then we have to have target practice. And if you get money, give give give it to us. We are more than happy to trade with Russia.
What are you smoking Ariete, because I want it too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History