Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2008, 04:10 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Penguins/Flyers should be very entertaining. I know most flyer fans cant stand Crosby, there was an article about that a few months ago on the Flyers website, and there was some beef between these two clubs earlier this year( dont remember what it was though). Would love to see this one going seven games.
Detriot/Dallas, Franzen's been on fire, but with such a long rest, I wonder how the Wings will come out.
Yeah...while it's great for the injured to recover....it does kinda stink having so much time off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 07:41 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Lucky you, in the central time zone. I went to bed after the end of the 1st OT, nowing I would miss a good finish, but I had to get up early this morning for a n exam. I'm now going to root for the Stars!!!!! To represent Dallas.
We have not been so lucky at all when playing teams on the west coast. It BITES!!! These 9:00 game times bit. At least w/ detriolet we have some decent game times.

I've been there to the very end at every OT record breaker for the STARS! I plan on being there all the way. Still had to get up early this morning and get the kids off to school and into the office to do interviews that were scheduled. I'm pooped. Out too late on Saturday night at a concert.

Nite
GO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:34 PM

172 posts, read 609,037 times
Well, I would have to say this has been best post lockout playoffs yet. Unfortuneately for me my Ave's were decimated by injuries and a mule. The Sharks, what can I say? Gave it their all the last few games (and that epic game last night), but another early exit (I, along with all the Canadian Media, figured they would win the Cup) is a HUGE disappointment. Ron Wilson (no matter how much I like the guy) will probably be fired. I just hope they get rid of Marleau and re-sign Roenick (if he decides to come back). The Stars-Wings series will be excellent. I think Stars will win it in six, the Wings have not faced much adversity so far (cannot count them out, they are an unbelieveable team, no matter how much I hate them, and the fact there are empty seats in the Joe) and the way Marty Turco has been playing is unreal!!!! Especially considering the way he played in past playoffs, unbelieveable, either he or Morrow will win the Conn Smythe when the Stars win the cup. Pens and Flyers, blood bath of epicness. Once again the Canadian Media is all over Sid the Kid, but I think the Flyers will win that series in 7. Either way, the winner of the Western Conference will win the Stanley Cup me thinks. The league would probably prefer a Red Wings and Penguins finals mind you, better ratings one would think. Anyhow, glad to see hockey doing well in the U.S!!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 10:58 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's what everyone said would happen when the Flyers played the Capitals. And when they played the Canadiens.

Yeah, I know what you mean. All the naysayers were doubting my NY Giants in the playoffs, but they beat all 4 opponents and won the SB. So anything can happen. But I'll be rooting against the Flyers. I can't let all my friends from Philly and S. NJ talk trash like I've been doing ever since the SB.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
This years' Playoffs have been the pits. Ugh. I could care less for the remaining teams. I might actually find it hard to watch the SC Finals this year, thats how lame I think this postseason has been. 2 thumbs down.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:36 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
This years' Playoffs have been the pits. Ugh. I could care less for the remaining teams. I might actually find it hard to watch the SC Finals this year, thats how lame I think this postseason has been. 2 thumbs down.
There's always next year.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:08 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
I might actually find it hard to watch the SC Finals this year, thats how lame I think this postseason has been. 2 thumbs down.
Don't let the rest of us stop you from doing something else, then. I intend to enjoy every moment of the remaining games, even if the Flyers fall flat on their faces!

Old 05-06-2008, 02:01 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
There's always next year.
That needs to be Chicago's slogan. The signs should read "welcome to Chicago, population 3 million." Then have a picture below that of the skyline and yada, yada, yada, then at the bottom have "there's always next year" with pictures of the Hawks, Bears, Cubs, Bulls, Sox logos.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:02 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
Quote:
That needs to be Chicago's slogan. The signs should read "welcome to Chicago, population 3 million." Then have a picture below that of the skyline and yada, yada, yada, then at the bottom have "there's always next year" with pictures of the Hawks, Bears, Cubs, Bulls, Sox logos.
Didn't the White Sox win the World Series in 2005? Didn't the Bulls build a stack of titles in the 90's? Weren't the Bears in the Super Bowl 2 years ago?

Go move to Atlanta, Seattle or Cleveland if you want to apply the "next year" slogan. It will have plenty of validity in those towns.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:32 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Didn't the White Sox win the World Series in 2005? Didn't the Bulls build a stack of titles in the 90's? Weren't the Bears in the Super Bowl 2 years ago?

Go move to Atlanta, Seattle or Cleveland if you want to apply the "next year" slogan. It will have plenty of validity in those towns.
Don't forget about Philadelphia either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey