Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times

Advertisements

Me? 2

RBC Center('Canes)- Love the place, location is suitable for tailgating, bright concourses, great sound.

American Airlines Center(Stars)- Went to a Mavs game so I can't comment on the Stars atmosphere but this place is pretty cool. Great location, nice arcitechture, concourses that have the feel of a symphony hall but still very high-tech. Comfy seats. Tight concourses up at the top but still great place to watch a game. The celing is known as "the hanger", if you go here you'll know why.

In addition to these two I've seen and/or been by:
Calgary Saddledome
United Center(B'Hawks)
Scottrade Center(Blues)
Philips Arena(Thrashers)
Verizon Center(Caps)

So how about you?.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:02 AM

54 posts, read 293,187 times
Even though I didn't see a game in the arena, because the game was sold out and scalpers were asking an arm and a leg, I really love the Bell Centre in Montreal. It is right in the middle of the city, near St. Catherines Street, and next to the historic Windsor Hotel. When the Habs are playing the area around the arena turns into a festival. Over 21,000 fans pour out of the arena go straight to the bars, clubs, and strip joints. Hockey is celebrated the way it should be. To be on St. Catherines after a Canadiens' game, you realize why Montreal is called, Le Ville de Festivals.

I have been to the TD Garden in Boston, although for a college hockey game-Boston College vs. Northeastern in the annual Bean Pot tournament. The Bean Pot is one of the greatest events in college sports.

I have seen Ranger games at Madison Square Garden, and realize why it is the World's Most Famous Arena.

I have seen an Islander game at the Nassau Collisium and realize why people don't go to Isles' games, it is in the middle of nowhere.

I have been to Flyer games at the Wachovia Center and the old Spectrum. Both are nice

And I had seen the Devils play at the old Meadowlands.

My favorite arenas would have to be the Bell Centre, MSG, and TD.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:44 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
In my life, I've been to :

Montreal Forum
TD Garden in Boston
United Center in Chicago
Verizon Center in DC
MSG in NYC
Meadowlands, Prudential Center for Devils
Savvis (sp) Center in St. Louis

I have been to the Metrodome in MSP for other sporting events, however..

Old 02-02-2010, 12:46 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Me? 2

RBC Center('Canes)- Love the place, location is suitable for tailgating, bright concourses, great sound.

American Airlines Center(Stars)- Went to a Mavs game so I can't comment on the Stars atmosphere but this place is pretty cool. Great location, nice arcitechture, concourses that have the feel of a symphony hall but still very high-tech. Comfy seats. Tight concourses up at the top but still great place to watch a game. The celing is known as "the hanger", if you go here you'll know why.

Calgary Saddledome
United Center(B'Hawks)
Scottrade Center(Blues)
Philips Arena(Thrashers)
Verizon Center(Caps)

Civic Arena -Pittsburgh when it sat around 13,500
Spectrum -Philadelphia
Chicago Stadium
HP Pavillion - San Jose

I regret not going to Madison Square Garden when I lived in New York.
Would love to see a game in Montreal.... I think that would be a great road trip.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:38 PM

8,981 posts, read 17,294,566 times
I have been to:

- Sommet Center in Nashville

- Joe Louis Arena in Detroit

- Savvis Center in STL

- that place in Chicago

Long list, I know

Old 02-03-2010, 09:02 AM

602 posts, read 2,034,446 times
HSBC Arena and before that the old Aud in Buffalo

Nationwide Arena in Columbus

TD Garden in Boston, (although I was there for a March Madness game)

I've driven by the Igloo in Pittsburgh

Old 02-03-2010, 08:16 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Me? 2

Calgary Saddledome
United Center(B'Hawks)
Scottrade Center(Blues)
Philips Arena(Thrashers)
Verizon Center(Caps)

RBC Center-Great venue for tailgating, fantastic sound and seating. I really miss going to games there as it is perfect.

Greensboro Coliseum-During the first years for the Canes, was unique that they would black out the upper levels.

Verizon Center-Just OK, sound system sucks though if you're in the nosebleeds.

Capital Centre-Great for tailgating before and after games. Fantastic atmosphere and most of all had the "Big John" which was a bathroom with over 50 urinals. Was great to go in and out while women were lined up 30 deep in the concourse. Miss that venue the most.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:18 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
The Aud and HSBC in Buffalo
Wachovia in Philly (saw the phantoms at the spectrum)
Pepsi Center in Denver
XCel Energy Center in St. Paul
Jobing.com in AZ

I'd probably say there Xcel is a big jump over any of the arenas on that list except jobing.com which comes pretty close to the venue, but not the environment

Pepsi Center is probably my least favorite of that bunch

Although old I really enjoyed the Aud and the Spectrum

Old 02-07-2010, 11:17 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
I hate those corporate names so...

Calgary ('96 and '98)
Carolina ('98)
Edmonton ('98)
Long Island
Philadelphia ('98, but also saw Pirates/Bears game at the Spectrum)
Washington D.C. (and Landover, MD, at the old arena)
Vancouver ('98)

I have to say, I like D.C. best for its looks and set up. After the pit of Landover, it was a real treat when the arena opened up downtown. Many games there over the years. Calgary is nice, too.

Edmonton and the Coliseum reek of history though. I just wish there would either be a major renovation of the Coliseum or the Isles would get a new arena entirely.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:50 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
The Joe (but never for a hockey game)
Verizon Center for a few Caps games against the Wings, and other events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey