Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Wow! Look how the purple furniture pulls out the purple bricks in this brick wall.

My wall doesn't have that much purple though. Purple is an interesting idea though.
One of my BFFs, an interior designer, uses purple as a neutral in her home.
Its fabulous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 05:24 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
One of my BFFs, an interior designer, uses purple as a neutral in her home.
Its fabulous.
I'll have to keep my eye out for purple. I've seen nice eggplant sofas in the past. I just need to find it!

Hubby is going to bore of this quickly. I fear I'll be on the furniture hunt by myself after one more trip.

He doesn't get a say anyway.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I'll have to keep my eye out for purple. I've seen nice eggplant sofas in the past. I just need to find it!

Hubby is going to bore of this quickly. I fear I'll be on the furniture hunt by myself after one more trip.

He doesn't get a say anyway.
My husband never has an opinion.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
My husband never has an opinion.
Funny! Mine has lots of opinions but I've learned to ignore him.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Funny! Mine has lots of opinions but I've learned to ignore him.
In the early days of our marriage, he used to have an opinion......he is an engineer.
I looked at him one day as he was attempting to critique something that wasnt even finished and asked him if he wanted me to come to his work and critique unfinished projects.
He has never said another word, except to praise my work when company comes.
He's a good guy, and very smart.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:40 PM

1,846 posts, read 3,939,373 times
Hopes, good luck and I hope you find something that is exactly right and within your budget.

Coincidently, I went seriously shopping for bedroom furniture yesterday. I came so, so, SO close to buying! The exact set I wanted was even on sale (the torture! LOL). Finally I went home and did some soul searching. I reluctantly decided that I like my present furniture well enough, and that other than the bed, it is holding up really well. Considering how much new furniture costs (even cheap shoddy stuff on sale) I can do a few small fixes and live with it for a few more years. So, I'm sad, but then again, I saved some money. Maybe I can save more and try again in a few years.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA2SGF View Post
Hopes, good luck and I hope you find something that is exactly right and within your budget.

Coincidently, I went seriously shopping for bedroom furniture yesterday. I came so, so, SO close to buying! The exact set I wanted was even on sale (the torture! LOL). Finally I went home and did some soul searching. I reluctantly decided that I like my present furniture well enough, and that other than the bed, it is holding up really well. Considering how much new furniture costs (even cheap shoddy stuff on sale) I can do a few small fixes and live with it for a few more years. So, I'm sad, but then again, I saved some money. Maybe I can save more and try again in a few years.
I hear you! I've been stalking furniture stores for YEARS! I always talk myself out of it.

This time is different. I've reached the breaking point!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:58 PM

1,846 posts, read 3,939,373 times
Quote:
I hear you! I've been stalking furniture stores for YEARS! I always talk myself out of it.

This time is different. I've reached the breaking point!
LOL!! I thought I had too, or at least my bed had. Believe it or not, the metal bed frame attached to my headboard broke last fall. I didn't know that could even happen and I wanted a *real* bed instead of a bed frame and headboard. I looked online, but only started looking in furniture stores a week ago.

This morning I saw reason, and reluctantly ordered a new metal bed frame for $59. The (cheap, made-in-China, probably a little shoddy) bedroom set that I loved would have been $2200. So, I saved $2141. I'll see how this works.

My present bedroom furniture is just 1970's Universal and I bought it second hand in 2002, from the prior owners of my house. Still, while not stylish I like it, and it is in good shape and very sturdy except for the bed.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:44 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Quote:
How do you endure this madness when shopping for furniture with a reasonable budget?!?!?!?!

When I remodeled my house about 5-6 years ago, I gave away all the furniture and decorative items/wall hangings I had at the time. Since then, I've bought every single thing (no kidding, every single thing) currently in my house thru the internet.

I cant walk into stores because of a stroke a few years ago but the wonderful world of internet shopping has been a godsend -- and I highly recommend it to anyone. Being able to armchair-shop in my pj's at 2:00 AM is very relaxing.

Many places offer free shipping and you can google the site and "coupon code" (for example "onewayfurniture coupon code") to get 10%-25% off the purchase price, as well as free shipping.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:54 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA2SGF View Post
LOL!! I thought I had too, or at least my bed had. Believe it or not, the metal bed frame attached to my headboard broke last fall. I didn't know that could even happen and I wanted a *real* bed instead of a bed frame and headboard. I looked online, but only started looking in furniture stores a week ago.

This morning I saw reason, and reluctantly ordered a new metal bed frame for $59. The (cheap, made-in-China, probably a little shoddy) bedroom set that I loved would have been $2200. So, I saved $2141. I'll see how this works.
If you like a contemporary look, I'll restate my love for Room & Board. You can get a well-made steel bed handcrafted in Minnesota for $899-$999 king size. (smaller sizes for less)

Beds - Room & Board
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating