Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 07:14 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times

Advertisements

Sleigh beds just look so darned cozy, despite being so huge. Nice modern style!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 07:17 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
I'm replacing a couch, probably in a couple of months (too much other stuff going on in the meantime).

I'm trying to figure out what colour I want. It'll be a fabric sofa, and I want a darker colour.

Navy blue? Or medium grey? Living room walls are light beige. The other furniture (bookshelves, tables) is pine.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:51 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,700,099 times
I know think a blue grey would look great, or maybe a sage.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-pine.jpg   What are you working on now?-sage.jpg  

Old 04-13-2016, 10:37 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
For many years I wanted a sleigh bed and then my immature self realized I wouldn't be able to dive bomb onto it without hurting myself.
Lol, me too! I'm an adult but I got recently got "in trouble" by my father, while I was at a family event and staying with him, for jumping on the bed with my 2 year old niece!

I turn out the lights and run/dive bomb onto my bed at home. My BF doesn't always find it amusing though...

Old 04-14-2016, 10:03 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
Lol, me too! I'm an adult but I got recently got "in trouble" by my father, while I was at a family event and staying with him, for jumping on the bed with my 2 year old niece!

I turn out the lights and run/dive bomb onto my bed at home. My BF doesn't always find it amusing though...
Well, when there isn't traffic, sometimes I get home early enough to jump on the bed and wake my husband up. We work opposite shifts. Somehow he isn't allowed to do that to me. He might get punched.

Also, we had a bed that had something at the base and I must hit my foot on there a million times. That's when I knew for sure it would be a no-go. I don't know how anyone tall would sleep with anything at the base.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:08 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Well, when there isn't traffic, sometimes I get home early enough to jump on the bed and wake my husband up. We work opposite shifts. Somehow he isn't allowed to do that to me. He might get punched.

Also, we had a bed that had something at the base and I must hit my foot on there a million times. That's when I knew for sure it would be a no-go. I don't know how anyone tall would sleep with anything at the base.
My bed has a footboard but the top of it is well below the top of the mattress. I would not get a bed with something at the foot of it that I could bump into - I'm a super restless sleeper and already manage to hit the headboard at night, a footboard would just give me another target! lol!

Old 04-15-2016, 10:22 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times
I am currently working on what color to paint my kitchen. I'm not making much progress.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:07 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,483,704 times
Finally finished the tv armoire and the re-fresh on the sunroom.

The armoire with the knockout hole - I fixed the back and removed the electrical/cable box and the slide out shelf.

The fabric back:

Put in a plant and some ceramic houses that I painted and glazed:

I also had the rocker and the loveseat cushions re-covered but kept the original fabric on the ottoman and two side chairs. I also spray painted the pot (it was dark green) for the fern on the coffee table, love spray paint .

Now that I look at the pictures, I think I'm going to try pulling the coffee table more in front of the loveseat and see if the ottoman will fit in front of the chair on the left, might not be enough room though. I toyed with the idea of painting the armoire to hide some of the knots in the wood, but when I thought of all that would involve, I just nixed it...maybe later.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:34 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
^ it all looks so pretty !!!

Old 04-16-2016, 09:24 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,700,099 times
Great job! I would love to sit there with my morning coffee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating