Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 08:05 PM

146 posts, read 294,018 times

Advertisements

I bought dining room chairs from wayfair and am happy the quality. They were not inexpensive and I had to assemble them. I have been looking for a tv stand on wayfair and noticed that the quality of merchandise is variable and often reflected in the price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 08:49 PM

17,712 posts, read 29,844,231 times
If you are moving soon, wait.
Buy when you are in NJ.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:20 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,381,911 times
I've bought from Allmodern and the price and service was great. There was an issue with one of the bar stools we ordered so they shipped a new one at no cost and told me to keep the other to do with as I pleased.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:47 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
I haven't tried Allmodern but I've bought from both Wayfair and Overstock and have been happy. I researched the products elsewhere, to look for other reviews but found the descriptions were pretty accurate. I did have an issue with one item that I had to ask them several times to clarify the measurements because the proportions didn't look right to me. Turns out I was correct but fortunately, I had held off on ordering because I was sure the dimensions they had were wrong.

Another site I tried is French Country, Industrial Loft, Urban & Eclectic Furniture | Kathy Kuo Home I was very pleased with the one thing I've ordered from them, but it was a small side table, not sure how they'd be with a larger piece.

I ordered a large dresser from Dining Room Furniture, Bedroom Furniture, Curios, Home Bars and more - Home Gallery Stores The piece itself is wonderful and I got a great price (almost half off what I had been quoted from a local furniture store) but the delivery experience was abysmal.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:25 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,302,429 times
We bought 6 kitchen bar stools from Wayfair about three years ago. They are decent quality, although we have had issues with screws coming out underneath the seat (a simple fix - just flip the stool over and screw it back in), and a couple slats popping out on the backs of the stools (so far we have been able to pop them back in with no issues). However, we use these stools EVERY SINGLE DAY so they've held up well considering they get daily use.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:19 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times
Wanted to update on this in case it helps anyone else.

The bed was delivered. Most complaints online was about delivery but it was always delayed issues. Mine was sent within 48 hours of my order and was too early but not the companies fault, that's a good thing. The bad thing is, I'm not in NJ yet so that was quite an issue with getting Fed Ex to help me. They were a nightmare but short story is, it has been delivered. I'm still not there because got flooded in SC.

My husband is in NJ and said it is very nice, good quality and received in fine condition. He is hard to please on quality so I'm shocked for the price he likes it. The shipping was free! So even though I had trouble with that being organized, really can't complain. I almost ordered from another company that would have been almost $200 to ship.

I will order more from AllModern. They have a great selection that you can't find in stores and a lot of different price ranges. Free shipping is a huge savings since most things are over sized.

Thanks everyone for feedback. Now I have other sites as well to review when I finally get to my destination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating