Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 03:45 PM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
When I first moved into this house it had a black fridge. The thing was huge and sort of lunged out at you like Darth Vader (including the breathing). White behaves itself.
I dunno... the storm troopers were white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 09:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
The buyers of my home in 2012 did not even want my old white refrigerator. They had their own. I gave mine away.

Oddly enough, the seller left a very similar fridge in my current house.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:38 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I dunno... the storm troopers were white.
!! I forgot the storm troopers! Well they didn't make those evil-sounding breathing noises like that fridge did

Old 07-25-2017, 12:02 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
I doubt if most buyers would care about the refrigerator. If they are like us, most of the houses we bought the appliances were at the replacement stage anyway and we just replaced them and updated the kitchen/house as we wanted it.
I some houses we put the old refrigerator in the garage and used it for overflow stocking, especially beer.
The realtor is out of bounds telling you to replace something a buyer will probably do anyway.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:13 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelia Shay View Post
The OP is SELLING a house.
And the question was should a BUYER make a big deal about the color of the fridge. And the answer is no, because if they do not like the color, they can take their happy butt down to the store and purchase whatever color/style they want.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:12 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
What I want to know is what is wrong with white refrigerators? I have one and I'm perfectly happy with it. In fact, it was a replacement for a WHITE one.

Cat

Old 07-25-2017, 11:13 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
What I want to know is what is wrong with white refrigerators? I have one and I'm perfectly happy with it. In fact, it was a replacement for a WHITE one.

Cat
In this case, it's because the rest of the appliances in the kitchen are stainless. If they were all white, I doubt there would be a problem. (or maybe the agent would have said to replace all of them with stainless but I think that would have been an easier to ignore suggestion)

Old 07-25-2017, 07:09 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,198,159 times
I personally wouldn't care what color the refrigerator was, because I would replace it with a counter depth one. I wouldn't want the white one left.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
I personally wouldn't care what color the refrigerator was, because I would replace it with a counter depth one. I wouldn't want the white one left.
The white one the former owners left with this house became a freaking albatross around my neck. I couldn't even GIVE it away - and it was a nice fridge. We even told them, "No thanks, take your fridge," but when we closed and walked into the house, there it sat, hulking in the kitchen. So we had to move it - and then we found out why they wanted to leave it - we had to remove a doorframe (at 2 am, after moving stuff all day) in order to get it out into the garage! Where it hulked for five more months since I couldn't sell it for even $50. Finally donated it.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:37 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The white one the former owners left with this house became a freaking albatross around my neck. I couldn't even GIVE it away - and it was a nice fridge. We even told them, "No thanks, take your fridge," but when we closed and walked into the house, there it sat, hulking in the kitchen. So we had to move it - and then we found out why they wanted to leave it - we had to remove a doorframe (at 2 am, after moving stuff all day) in order to get it out into the garage! Where it hulked for five more months since I couldn't sell it for even $50. Finally donated it.
That's where a walk through the day before closing comes in handy.

Many times these fridges are moved to the garage to be the extra beer fridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating