Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 08:48 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,046,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Refrigerators don't even convey in many markets. Do they typically convey in your market, OP?
In the northeast, they usually convey. I tried to sell my last house without one and it was a major ordeal. I ended up going and buying a used one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 12:37 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,220,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I have an easier solution...

Go to any big box store. Find an acceptable new fridge. Buy. Have it delivered and the old one hauled out. Two hours max and problem is fixed.

It amazes me how people act like buying an appliance is some major obstacle. My wall oven went up the night before Christmas Even this year. I drove to the store, ordered a new one, picked it up Christmas Eve during their company party and we installed it Christmas Eve. And that was installing a wall oven, which is harder than just setting a fridge in place.
The money is an obstacle for many

Old 07-24-2017, 12:48 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,629,459 times
OP, I had a young realtor that was insisting on expensive staging. I politely told her to pound sand because I knew I was in a hot market.

My house sold within a week. I did nothing more than clean it out and had a friend who was a professional cleaner give it a good deep-cleaning, including the windows.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:02 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,351,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Our dear poster is freaking out about very common home staging and preparation suggestions, on this thread, and another about furniture. I'm not sure why everyone thinks the realtor needs to be fired.
Exactly. There are too many people here who jump to conclusions. The original poster posed questions in the absence of background information and context. As some people have mentioned, mismatched appliances can hurt the value of a real property, even in a hot market. For those who say "fire the realtor", I encourage you to reflect on how your advice, based on so little information, may affect the original poster. Just because the OP doesn't know how to pose a question properly, it doesn't mean you should make irresponsible recommendations that may have real consequences for the OP.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:05 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,046,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
The money is an obstacle for many
If the amount of money for one appliance is an obstacle, then they have no business buying a house.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:15 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,220,189 times
Quote:
If the amount of money for one appliance is an obstacle, then they have no business buying a house.
The op hasn't come back, so we may never know.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:49 PM

274 posts, read 238,389 times
Quote:
The OP is SELLING a house.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:58 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,813,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsecchi View Post
Stainless kitchen with old white refrigerator.

Realtor wants all stainless in the kitchen but another refrigerator is not an option.

Edited
It's a hot market, starter house and young realtor.

I looked at used stainless refrigerators and they are still expensive.

Does a refrigerator magnet work, should I paint it, take it out and leave an empty space or keep it there? It is a fine, working refrigerator!
Just rip it out and toss it! No refrigerator! Or u can make the whole kitchen white

Old 07-24-2017, 03:15 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
Just rip it out and toss it! No refrigerator! Or u can make the whole kitchen white
You think the OP should replace the existing stainless appliances with white, rather than possibly replace the fridge with stainless to match the rest of the kitchen?

Old 07-24-2017, 03:42 PM

23,404 posts, read 19,031,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Forget the realtor, I'm just curious why the OP has a hideous white fridge in a stainless kitchen in the first place. Lol.

And replacing it "is not an option"...Like ever?
I have one of those "hideous white fridges" by choice. The kitchen is quite small with white walls, very dark countertops, black sink and range. The white fridge melts into the background making the kitchen feel more spacious. This fridge is fairly new, energy efficient, very quiet, and I like the way the shelving is arranged. When I first moved into this house it had a black fridge. The thing was huge and sort of lunged out at you like Darth Vader (including the breathing). White behaves itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating