Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2017, 11:04 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times

Advertisements

I asked in another thread quite awhile ago and it was never really answered. Trying again.

Problem is my little dog jumps off the bed and I have slick vinyl bedroom floors. He slips and slides but still makes the flying leap. I have put a trunk at the end of the bed for him to use he still leaps off the side. I do not want him to get hurt. I was thinking a rug under the bed would help give him a better less slick landing spot.

An 8 by 11 rug would work. I am afraid any less he would try to leap past it. He is a crazy one. I would have to put it the long way left to right under the bed. So do I put it under the bed centered with just a little coming out the end for the trunk to sit on or more towards the end of the bed for the trunk to sit fully on? Kind of in reverse for the couch legs scenario. It would be nice to have rug to walk on up the sides for me too. I think the 8 by 10 rug is 7'9" by 10' 8" . The bed is a double so quite a bit would be out on each side.

Thanks so much for thoughts on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 06:05 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,234,310 times
What's your question?

Typically, you wouldn't put the rug under the bed, but you have a legitimate need for it, so just do it. Be sure to put a rug pad underneath it, so it doesn't slip and slide with your dog.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:34 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianRavenwood View Post
What's your question?

Typically, you wouldn't put the rug under the bed, but you have a legitimate need for it, so just do it. Be sure to put a rug pad underneath it, so it doesn't slip and slide with your dog.
My question was about where to place the rug. Sorry I did not make it clear.

I ended up ordering the larger 8 by 11 foot rug. I was looking at Pinterest and saw the solution. did a small print screen of the one I will do.

The bed legs will be holding it down. I will use those rubber pads if it still slides. Good idea. There is also a row of suitcases under the bed down both sides that should hold it in place. I tried it with a smaller rug I have already and for now it will work until the other rug arrives.

I had to use a car jack to lift the bed on one side. LOL The rug is not moving a bit and we tried it out several times to get him used to aiming for it. The rug coming is much larger that the one there now. the bed is the antique cast iron with box and an 8 inch memory foam mattress . It is so heavy. I might have to take it apart to get the bigger rug under it. Unless I can borrow a second jack or rob one out of my car to lift both sides at the same time.

Thank you.

This is where the Pinterest photo came from. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/149181806386851958/
Attached Thumbnails
Rug placement under bed question-9-10-17-rug.jpg   Rug placement under bed question-9-10-17-jack.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating