Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:24 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,478,621 times

Advertisements

Beauty is in the eye of the ...yeah yeah yeah, you know the rest. The Element looks great. I have always liked it. It's different than 90% of the boring cars like Impalas and 300's and all that junk. Honda makes great cars and it's been proven. Ugly? Slow? Opinions are just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
I actually sort of liked the Element. I didn't like the styling, but after driving a few and having them in a fleet that I managed, I grew to appreciate them. They were definitely geared toward urban active folks who needed some soft road ability to get them to their destination to camp, kayak, etc. In that role they were a little tougher than most other "cute-utes" while still retaining very good urban manners.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:39 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Id be happy if they axed Honda altogether for the time being, there isnt one single looker in their entire lineup! I get a horrible gag reflex whenever passing a Honda dealer and Im confronted with rows Insights, Elements, Crosstours, Ridgelines, CR-Vs, etc. The Accord is the only thing they make that doesnt make me throw up in my mouth a bit, and even still its a bland car at best. What the heck, Honda?!?! What happened to the old Preludes? The CR-X? The Integra Type-R? The NSX? You guys USED to have taste, now you only have designs penned by Mrs. Jones' 4th grade art class.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:43 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,224,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
I don't mind the Element. It's nicer than the Aztec, Cavalier, Sunfire (more like Sinfire), Saturns, Olsmobile Achieva, Buick Electras etc... ever were.... (need I say more?)
Maybe you should throw 'covered wagon' and 'stage coach' in there too... pretty dissimilar list you dreamed up.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:45 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
a friend of mine drives an element. ugly car, but i can see the appeal. it is high quality and practical.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:34 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
a friend of mine drives an element. ugly car, but i can see the appeal. it is high quality and practical.
Cars are designed to appeal to different segments and different people. The Element was a fine, practical design for the purpose - despite what "car guys" might think of it.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:05 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Id be happy if they axed Honda altogether for the time being, there isnt one single looker in their entire lineup! I get a horrible gag reflex whenever passing a Honda dealer and Im confronted with rows Insights, Elements, Crosstours, Ridgelines, CR-Vs, etc. The Accord is the only thing they make that doesnt make me throw up in my mouth a bit, and even still its a bland car at best. What the heck, Honda?!?! What happened to the old Preludes? The CR-X? The Integra Type-R? The NSX? You guys USED to have taste, now you only have designs penned by Mrs. Jones' 4th grade art class.
x2! Great post, I agree 100%.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:58 AM

203 posts, read 511,747 times
I had a friend that had an all black one. It wasn't too bad..he said he bought it cause he could literally hose out the interior when it got dirty. I wasn't very comfortable in it. I am 5'4 and the seat belt cut me off at the neck and the seat sits on the floor. Blech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura