Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:05 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times

Advertisements

No NSX should have stretched tires on heavy chrome wheels.

(I own a 1997 NSX).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 09:56 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,188,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Nobody cares unless you own it.
I'm 22. I might be 23 when I ride in it.

I'm still very young.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:01 PM

24,476 posts, read 26,017,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
My little sister was on the NSX development team. She wants t know what color I want.

She always was a big tease.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:25 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Corvettes usually win the $/HP game. But buyers pass them over all the time for subjective reasons.

With 550 HP and AWD, partially from electricity, I don't see why it can't accelerate like a GT-R, which beats every Vette to 60 MPH. If the NSX matches the 458 - thats 0-60 in 3.0 secs. More than fast enough to be competitive - especially at $100K less than a 458.

There is lots of market to work with. If there wasn't, everyone who wanted a fast car would buy a Vette or 911. Yet people buy Aston Martins, Ferraris, Lambos, Audis, Porsches, etc. Note that the high end hybrids like the BMW i8 cost $140K and up. The i8 has just 357 HP. The Porsche hybrid 918 is in the ultra high end category - since its price is $850K and up.

I'd be leery of the new NSX at first too - mostly because of the all new powertrain. Some of the technology is a newer version of the hybrid SH-AWD in the RLX. But the V6 is all new (who else has a 75 degree V6?).
People buy the i8 (there is one at my parking lot at work most days...drooooool) not for performance but exclusivity. It's about as as fast as a Mustang GT. Nothing wrong with that though...they are awesome looking imo.

You can talk 0-60 all you like but wait for the nuremburg ring times. Perhaps I was hasty, let's wait for the performance #'s.

Obviously, a vette is not in the conversation when dropping 150k for a car, I'm just saying in THAT price range it's got some STIFF competition and I'm not sure that car is going to get it done.

They are REALLY nice....but up in that rare air....I just don't see the *special*. <shrug>

P.S. It's 600lbs heavier and 100hp behind the 2015 Z06....yes...electric....but um....I'm skeptical it's going to be able to keep up with the current crop. Been wrong before though, great to see more competition and beautiful designs.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:33 PM

127 posts, read 282,390 times
Where did you find a published weight, mathdude? I sure haven't seen anything other than guesses

Old 01-15-2015, 11:51 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Finally, Acura...

Over priced Honda.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:55 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,996,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Over priced Honda.
Stupid and pointless post

Same can be said for all luxury brands

Lincoln -> Over priced Ford
Cadillac -> Over priced Chevy
Lexus -> Over priced Toyota
BMW -> Over priced VW

etc.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:50 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,191,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Over priced Honda.
It is no worse than a GT (an overpriced Ford).

Old 01-15-2015, 12:52 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
People buy the i8 (there is one at my parking lot at work most days...drooooool) not for performance but exclusivity. It's about as as fast as a Mustang GT. Nothing wrong with that though...they are awesome looking imo.

You can talk 0-60 all you like but wait for the nuremburg ring times. Perhaps I was hasty, let's wait for the performance #'s.

Obviously, a vette is not in the conversation when dropping 150k for a car, I'm just saying in THAT price range it's got some STIFF competition and I'm not sure that car is going to get it done.

They are REALLY nice....but up in that rare air....I just don't see the *special*. <shrug>

P.S. It's 600lbs heavier and 100hp behind the 2015 Z06....yes...electric....but um....I'm skeptical it's going to be able to keep up with the current crop. Been wrong before though, great to see more competition and beautiful designs.
I'm not preoccupied with any one thing about cars. I think launch control is one of the stupidest features of high end sports cars. Who actually does this on the road?

So people will evaluate the NSX on whatever tickles their fancy. Some people buy Aston Martins over a Ferrari - probably not because of ultimate track performance. I suspect the buyer of the new NSX will choose it because it is (I assume) very fast, unique (powertrain), its good looks, and its all around drive-ability. No doubt some will choose a 911 turbo instead, or a R8, or something else.

I think the new NSX is Honda's statement on what it thinks today's high end car is supposed to be - and they'll hope it generates new interest in Honda. Honda has been in a slumber for a while and is showing signs of waking up.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:54 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,191,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Stupid and pointless post

Same can be said for all luxury brands

Lincoln -> Over priced Ford
Cadillac -> Over priced Chevy
Lexus -> Over priced Toyota
BMW -> Over priced VW

etc.
I think you mean: Audi - overpriced VW

Some other examples:
Bugatti and Bentley- overpriced VW
Lamborghini - overpriced Audi
Rolls Royce - overpriced BMW
Ferrari - overpriced Fiat

and so on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura