Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 03:06 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times

Advertisements

Ah yes the "living in a free country" argument.

I suggest you use the same line of reasoning when explaining the police officer why you were "exercising your rights" to drive 40 MPH in a neighborhood where the posted signs say 25 MPH, or perhaps explain how you were "exercising your rights" to have a six pack of Miller Light before swerving around town and be asked to blow into the BreathAlyzer...

There are regulations that ALL homes are required to follow -- this includes very specific tests to ensure the ground can safely support the size of the septic field needed for the size of the house -- if the home has "unfinished" baths the specific field still has to be built to support the potential for those showers / baths to send waste water. The zoning authorities similarly want to be sure that you are not going to have some thing that starts out as "semi-finished home" and ends up using enormous amounts of electricity because it is a "grow house" for plants that would lead to lots of drug money floating around the community.

You may think "that is not the main question" but any competent contractors will IMMEDIATELY know you are kind of kook that they do not want to get involved with...

There are some "end times" type guys that share your views, I have no idea how to contact them nor get them to comment on your "plans"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 03:50 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,526,390 times
OK, thanks guys.
We can delete this thread.

I better contact real contractors in that area.
Originally I was hoping to get at least more or less reliable ballpark for this project here, cause there might be people involved in this business on this forum. But this thread seems to be useless.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:05 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,064,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
But this thread seems to be useless.

Not useless at all. It just shows how hardheaded some people can be when words of wisdom are delivered at their feet.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:44 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,928,902 times
Let me give you an idea of what I'm saying. If I build in the south part of the county, I can put a water well in and a septic for your 20 grand, actually a little cheaper than that. If I build in the north part of the county, the 20 grand won't cover the septic and I may not necessarily get a permit to put in a well at all. If I do get a permit, the well will exceed the 20 grand so conceivably you can throw 50 grand plus at well and septic here going north or you can build a lot cheaper going south of here and on far more stable land. But some folks just like our cedar treed Hill Country and have money to blow stupidly. I wouldn't put much faith in any building calculator as they normally are several years behind in the numbers.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:15 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,526,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Let me give you an idea of what I'm saying. If I build in the south part of the county, I can put a water well in and a septic for your 20 grand, actually a little cheaper than that. If I build in the north part of the county, the 20 grand won't cover the septic and I may not necessarily get a permit to put in a well at all. If I do get a permit, the well will exceed the 20 grand so conceivably you can throw 50 grand plus at well and septic here going north or you can build a lot cheaper going south of here and on far more stable land. But some folks just like our cedar treed Hill Country and have money to blow stupidly. I wouldn't put much faith in any building calculator as they normally are several years behind in the numbers.
Integrated Database: Delaware

Cost of a conventional septic system installation: $2500; range $2000-$25,000. About half the
installations require mounds or fill; were this not the case, the typical cost would be more like
$1500.
Cost of a centralized sewer tie-in (including fees and cost of the sewer lateral): $3000 to
$12,000.

>>>>>

It might be not that bad. I see in New Jersey septic alone approaches 25K, but in Delaware everything is more reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House