Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 09:37 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,083,948 times

Advertisements

Pretty much the typical stuff: tools, bicycles, ladder and both cars.

Something that's somewhat common here are people converting their garages into living spaces and parking their cars not just in the driveway but also the street and also their yard.

We have a garage that's more than 400 square foot, both our cars are cross over vehicles, not the smallest nor the largest vehicles. When we first moved here, I only had 1/2 the garage cleared out for her car but a hail storm came and I cleared out the other half of the garage in record time to get my car in there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 12:31 AM

239 posts, read 194,865 times
A shed with tools a few collectibles and a car, Plenty of room for 2 vehicles. I like to keep it clear and clean. I dont like clutter.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:07 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,513,219 times
My weekend car, a motorcycle and some of the kids power-wheels.

All my tools are in a workshop in the basement, or in my shed. I like a clean, empty garage.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:33 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
Van, Lawn mower, sump pump, random boxes stacked in the back. Its a really small garage.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:44 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,668,923 times
Water heater, two storage shelves (one for car wash chemicals and the other for household paint, caulk, etc..), a 10 ft work bench, bicycles, riding mower, weedeater, leaf blower, pressure washer, tool box, bicycles, coolers, a large refrigerator, a large dog kennel, and a 4 seater Polaris RZR.

We don't park in the garage because neither of our vehicles are short enough to get in and close the garage door. The new house we are considering has an oversized garage on the house and a detached. We should be able to get my wife's Expedition in the new one while all of the other stuff makes its way to the detached. Unfortunately, my truck won't fit under the door in either of them.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:36 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
We have a carriage house. The hayloft was converted to an apartment, but that is not permitted (so I put my office up there when I worked from home).

Technically the part that is not part of the entry to the office upstairs is a three car garage. We have one car in there (a project 1973 Jensen Healey). We also have two torpedo heaters, four ice chests/coolers, two tents,, seven air mattresses, three canoe paddles and four kayak paddles, air compressor, six halogen work lights, 15 or so various garden tools, chain saw, riding mower, trimming mower, sports equipment, grinding wheel, chop saw, air tools, lumber for various projects. Assorted doors and windows that will be used in our house, in the tree fort or donated soon. Antique maple flooring to be used in the office entry, pool equipment (heater, pump, salt chlorinator, chemicals, and mist skimmers and things), misc camping gear, hunting bow and crossbow, metal shelving hosting a hardware store worth of fasteners, hooks, etc., wooden shelving hosting a hardware store of electrical components, spare parts for unique left overs from our house (antique tile, molding, wood flooring hinges, doorknobs, etc), two tubs of plumbing parts (this should be pitched, but has value, so I want to find someone who can use it), snow blower, sail and rudder for the sunfish, fishing poles, 8 bicycles (winter only), storm windows, a sink, various power tools, a pump and hoses, lawn and garden chemicals, bicycle parts (mostly inner tubes), dog toys, shoes for the shoe drive, readymix, antique light fixtures (to be installed upstairs in the office), a 1906 automatic flush toilet waiting to be restored, a 1927 Magic Chef 1000 being restored, kerosene for the heaters upstairs, painting supplies (not paint, we learned to put that in the basement), two power trimmers, two toboggans and four sleds, boogie boards, an electric scooter . . . that is all I can remember. Why do you ask?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:50 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,607,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvn88 View Post
A shed with tools a few collectibles and a car, Plenty of room for 2 vehicles. I like to keep it clear and clean. I dont like clutter.
I don't like clutter either but my garage hasn't gotten the message. At least my car is always in there.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:53 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,430,247 times
As of today one car has been evicted and the ducklings have moved in. They outgrew their previous quarters but aren't quite ready to go outside full time so they are making their home in their new duck chalet in the garage.

In a couple of weeks I can move them out and my car back in, meanwhile its relegated to the driveway.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:39 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Not my car! I can pull the car into the garage, but I can't open the doors to get out.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:49 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,093,054 times
2 project cars and all the tools and supplies necessary to work on said project cars. Daily drivers sit outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House