Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 06:43 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,697,294 times

Advertisements

I covered small cracks on a cement patio with a thin coating of "top and bond" ready mix cement patch and it has held up well.It didn't match the surface texture but you can't see the cracks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 12:06 PM

30,707 posts, read 80,036,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Now what on earth makes you think that this person who lives in San Antonio, Texas is going to hire you from Huntsville Alabama to pour a patio?

And if you read the damn post you would have seen that the OP was over a year ago and she just returned to say she just completed the new patio.

Not to mention you are adverising which is against the rules and that makes you a SPAMMER !!!!!!
Not to mention that now everyone from Alabama who reads this will think you are a dummy. This attempt at advertising will backfire. - OOOps!

Old 02-08-2012, 04:08 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,290,700 times
OP, you are doing to your home patio what we have been debating on doing to ours. Here is my opinion. We have just about decided to tear out the old pation, and use nice pavers, because our house is 100 yrs old, and I think will lend itself nicely to the pavers w/ the greenery growing in between. We have also discussed tearing out, and pouring new pad. However we cannot afford that, so really diy is what we are thinking. My husband and I have both rehabbed old homes before, so while I am not looking forward to rehabbing as much, a patio is not a huge endeavor. I like a stamped, painted pation, and if I were you I would go for the completely new patio, you definitely don't want the cheapest guy. About the issue of siding, I would never close off siding, logic will tell you the house breathes and moisture is not something to close in, imo. Love to see some pics, enjoy your new patio. And, here is how my daughter did theirs. Her husband did all the prep work, rebar etc, (saved tons) then the folks poured, and stamped/stained it. It looks awesome.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM

17,492 posts, read 66,302,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
OP, you are doing ...

This thread was started 4 YEARS AGO! We're all sure it done or forgotten about.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,191 times
Default Can I pour a few inches on existing patio?

My existing patio is pitched towards the rear of my house, can I pour some additional concrete and try to level it off?

Old 07-22-2014, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,654 times
a large part of my driveway in concrete it has some cracks and some large pits in it can I pour or patch it

Old 05-02-2015, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
I have an existing patio that is stamped concrete. Is it possible to add to the patio and make it larger?

Old 05-02-2015, 02:52 PM

17,492 posts, read 66,302,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer9638 View Post
I have an existing patio that is stamped concrete. Is it possible to add to the patio and make it larger?
Maybe(?)
How are we to know from THAT info?

Old 05-26-2015, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,262 times
I have a large patio that has been down for years. There are cracks. I would like to know if there is a hard acrylic that can be poured over it. Someone told me that there was a product that would be so hard over the concrete and could look like marble when it is finished. Thanks, Debbie

Old 05-24-2017, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 609 times
Bought my granddaughter a a new garden swing with large pegs to put in the ground and set in concrete, one year later the top of the pegs have come loose, the rest of the pegs are still set, so now i have a swing that move, anyone know how i can fix this without having to dig the whole lot out, because i cannot psychically do this now, any help would be appreciated, i have managed to put the pegs back in the holes but it is set above ground!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House