Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 01:02 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,020,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Paintballs would definitely risk taking out a rotor which would crash the drone. You will also be splattering paint wherever that ball comes down if you miss, which may not be any more popular than the drone, in a close neighbhorhood!
We are talking about MY property ..

I think I can decide between paintball splatter vs drone popularity just fine on my own property
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 01:12 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,730,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
July 18, bearing 42 degrees, circle over Henry's half-acre backyard for 20 minutes; Check for naked females, etc..?
those billion dollar satellites that the government has, thats all that they are doing with them.

Old 07-14-2017, 01:27 PM

4,321 posts, read 4,212,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
those billion dollar satellites that the government has, thats all that they are doing with them.
If somebody was peeking via a spy plane, which means Govt-owned from that high -- that could peek into millions, maybe even billions of females, and for them all these females would be anonymous.

Seriously, for Billy down the block to peek into my wife's bikini, or worse my teenage and pre-teen daughters -- in the privacy of their secluded backyard pool --that's something totally very different and grounds for dishing out a good lesson. Shooting down his drone would really be the minimum I would do to him.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:00 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,535,958 times
Quote:
<>Shooting down his drone would really be the minimum I would do to him.
Why not just have him charged as a peeping tom:
Police arrest Triangle Town Center peeping Tom suspect, officials say | WNCN

Old 07-14-2017, 02:05 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,730,578 times
Quote:
If somebody was peeking via a spy plane, which means Govt-owned from that high -- that could peek into millions, maybe even billions of females, and for them all these females would be anonymous.

Seriously, for Billy down the block to peek into my wife's bikini, or worse my teenage and pre-teen daughters -- in the privacy of their secluded backyard pool --that's something totally very different and grounds for dishing out a good lesson. Shooting down his drone would really be the minimum I would do to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
interesting how we give the government a pass on this. imagine how many government employees would be arrested if you arrested all of them that looked at naked in emails or nakeds from satellites. it may feel different to you because billy lives down the block but it really is the same thing.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:23 PM

14,527 posts, read 12,155,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
We are talking about MY property ..

I think I can decide between paintball splatter vs drone popularity just fine on my own property
OK - you described your neighbhorhood as being relatively small lots... 1/2 acre to 1 acre in size.

A paintball you fire into the air is going to come down a long ways away. Probably further than the edge of your property.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:27 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,020,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
OK - you described your neighbhorhood as being relatively small lots... 1/2 acre to 1 acre in size.

A paintball you fire into the air is going to come down a long ways away. Probably further than the edge of your property.
What ??
I am not the OP
I am discussing what I would do in his situation.
Try to keep up...

Old 07-14-2017, 02:30 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,221,064 times
Quote:
Of course privacy is one of my concerns, but I am curious how can a Cessna hover over my 1/2 acre backyard, and do this repeatedly? Don't they have to file flight plans? What are they gonna tell Air Traffic Control -- July 18, bearing 42 degrees, circle over Henry's half-acre backyard for 20 minutes; Check for naked females, etc..?

If Cessna did not tell ATC that, but was to circle overhead, wouldn't that all but guarantee arrest of the pilot, or worse?

So how exactly would an airplane do that? How would that work?
No, a pilot doesn't have to file a flight plan and 1000's of aircraft fly every day without ever talking to ATC. Heck, some of them don't even have radios.

How would it work? Climb into the airplane, take off, and go sightseeing. Oh look, Henry10 is having fun. Passenger pops open the window, some right aileron, left rudder, click away.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Of course privacy is one of my concerns, but I am curious how can a Cessna hover over my 1/2 acre backyard, and do this repeatedly? Don't they have to file flight plans? What are they gonna tell Air Traffic Control -- July 18, bearing 42 degrees, circle over Henry's half-acre backyard for 20 minutes; Check for naked females, etc..?

If Cessna did not tell ATC that, but was to circle overhead, wouldn't that all but guarantee arrest of the pilot, or worse?

So how exactly would an airplane do that? How would that work?
FWIW, regulations vary based on where you live and proximity to airports, but just FYI, unless you are within 5 miles of a busy airport, I would NOT assume an aircraft needs to even talk to ATC about flying over your house, and no one really ever NEEDS to file a flight plan. And even near airports, it's not that unusual for an aircraft inform ATC of plans to circle in an area for awhile, taking pictures. ATC makes a note of it and tells other pilots to look out for him, as an advisory. Just FYI.

ON edit.... I see someone else already answered.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
What ??
I am not the OP
I am discussing what I would do in his situation.
Try to keep up...
Sorry. I did have you confused with the OP. Still... a paintball will go a long ways.... just FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House