Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 12:08 PM

4,603 posts, read 6,371,820 times

Advertisements

Sorry, but Harbor Freight = cheap a$$, IMO.

Regards
Gemstone1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 12:43 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
I was told by a family member who used to work for Grayco the harbor freight sprayer and the Grayco sprayer are the same thing with some different window dressing. Grayco is better quality than other brands when you get into commercial units, but these come form the same factory in China or Taiwan. He said they are relatively good airless sprayers as long as not put to heavy use.

I have one. It has been in the box for ten years. I bought it for a specific project and then decided to brush on for a better (heavier) finish. There were other projects where I considered using it, but when I though about the time and trouble to clean it out after using it, I decided once again to use a brush or roller. I probably should sell it. I doubt I am ever going to get to a project where it is worth the effort of cleaning it compared to just using a brush.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:03 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times
I would avoid breathing paint vapors generated by a sprayer this way: I would spend just a few dollars for a good quality set of 1/4" finger roller sleeves, a finger roller frame, 5-gallon bucket, and a roller screen. Make sure that the latex paint is well mixed, pour 1/2 gallon in the bucket, thin it out with 1 cup of warm water, mix it well, and then roll the paint on the doors.

The doors must be cleaned before you paint them, of course.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:23 PM

169 posts, read 270,125 times
Use this paint sprayer in the video. It is a titan paint sprayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sNUr27zMzU

Put the pressure on low and use a 211 spray tip.

Don't forget to prime first and use a high quality durable top coat paint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House