Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 06:32 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,267,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I called he answers the phone "hello" real quiet like. I asked is this a business I called. He stammered like he didn't know what to say. Finally I got him to say yes this is a business. Then it went into an argument.

He said he had to see it to determine what was wrong and I made it clear after he said to see how much to fix it. I told him flat out I will not pay again when I paid over $200.00 already and now it just came out.

He used it was 2 -3 months ago. Thats when I got my gander up and said he didn't put it in right or it wouldn't have come out even the back handle won't reattach to it.

He got upset and said I insulted him. I'm like fine maybe it was the stopper being faulty not made right and told him he is a grown man and this is a business you don't tell a customer you feel insulted because the customer said he didn't install it right when he refuses to say he won't charge again. I was stunned at how he felt insulted and also told him when he said oh so how should he feel. I told him you grow up and tell the customer you are sorry it isn't working right and you will fix this at no charge and then you have a happy customer who already gave you a good review on the internet. He still tried to argue using how long ago he was here last day of May. I said you lost a customer goodbye.
You are the reason that so few people are willing to go into the trades these days. You decided that it was going to be a fight before you ever called and then did everything in your power to make sure it became one.

From the tone of your posts, I'm reasonably confident that you caused the problem yourself by slamming the plunger up and down as hard as you could every time you used it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2023, 11:55 AM

6,360 posts, read 4,184,849 times
And you can’t blame it on the installation if you don’t know for sure, perhaps the product was defective and failed prematurely?

Old 08-03-2023, 02:02 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,182,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
You are the reason that so few people are willing to go into the trades these days. You decided that it was going to be a fight before you ever called and then did everything in your power to make sure it became one.

From the tone of your posts, I'm reasonably confident that you caused the problem yourself by slamming the plunger up and down as hard as you could every time you used it.
I rarely if ever use the sink stopper not plunger. I never fill the sink with water but I do close it to prevent my hair from going down the drain after brushing my hair and teeth.

No I decided it wasn't worth fighting with him here alone with him. The man refused to say in a professional manner something like "it's ok mame I will not charge you again since it came out" or something like that. But no this insecure child comes out with telling me I insulted him after he refused to let me know if he intends to charge me again when I told him if he did it right the first time this would not have happened. Why would I say that because the jerk used the time he installed it. I don't care if he put it in 10 months ago by the looks of the cheezy type he chose to put in I know he did a cheap job and charged me full price.

I decided he wasn't worth bothering with and certainly not recommending when he is so thin skinned he tells me not to tell him he did it wrong. I even tried to soothe his precious ego and say well it could have been the product was defective or now well made. I agreed by say 'oh thats good yeah it could be the product' Geez this guy sounds very nice on the phone even in person but he was not having anything to do with saying he would not charge me again. That is BS do it right the first time. Something like that should not have come apart. It has nothing to do with pushing the pull handle up or down to hard because no one does that and I rarely use it. It's so rare for me to use it that now I won't replace it. I will search for something like a strainer instead since I never use the sink to fill with water. I cannot tolerate someone like that I expect a little more professionalism for the money I have to pay.

Old 08-03-2023, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
And you can’t blame it on the installation if you don’t know for sure, perhaps the product was defective and failed prematurely?
I already suggested that but his sensitive feelings were more important to him even though he agreed it was a good idea to think of that. A grown man should not behave like a child. I even apologized for hurting his feelings by suggesting it was he who didn't install it right after and only after he tried to blame me. F that blaming the customer who rarely even uses it. I have never had anything like this happen where a brand new replaced sink stopper just comes apart/off only two moths after being put in.

Old 08-03-2023, 02:10 PM

22,590 posts, read 47,660,494 times
I would not be surprised if he told his buddies the name of his difficult customer...

Old 08-03-2023, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I would not be surprised if he told his buddies the name of his difficult customer...
I wouldn't be surprised either but when he does I will eventually know. He would be asking for me to do the same considering I life in a community of over 400 possible customers he could have got for himself by my passing on how kind he is to all my neighbor's. The good review I gave him months ago is still online if I have any trouble with plumbers that will be my hint he complained about me.

He never should have told me it's been to long and for him to consider not charging me again. An owner running a business should know better and he should have been professional.

Old 08-06-2023, 10:22 AM

My problem is solved. I purchased a gadget that replaces the stopper and replaces the extra charge for that plumber to reinstall the cheezy crap he put in.

My home is only 9 yrs old so it's not the stopper and I barely use it to keep closed. But I like this new gadget because it prevents my hair from clogging the drain and it looks much nicer than the oversized one he put in. Had I known there were other options I would not have hired that plumber in the first place and now I know don't go to him if decide to get other plumbing things done.

Maybe it is better to hire someone who works for a business rather than it being his own business. I'm noticing problems on both sides in different fields of contract work. Sometimes the employee takes advantage of the employer thinking the employer will never know he got extra money on the side from charging more in cash then writes up the bill for less and/or doesn't bother to give a bill instead claims to mail it later meanwhile he walks off with cash. Then there are others who will do the best job they can because they don't want to get into trouble with their employer the owner. Sometimes when it's the owner of the business who does it himself it doesn't matter as much because he pockets all the income which he should being he is the sole owner/worker. Then there are the owners who will strive to be professional, courteous and do a good job even if it means stopping in when in the area and have time to correct a mistake or defective product that way they get more paying customers. Retaliating online or anywhere else is professional suicide.

This small job should never have been a big federal case to him. I came here so angry because it was him putting blame on me without even seeing it instead of being professional. Bottom line he did a crappy job since it was so recent that he replaced the old one.

Old 08-06-2023, 10:43 AM

24,538 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
My problem is solved. I purchased a gadget that replaces the stopper and replaces the extra charge for that plumber to reinstall the cheezy crap he put in.

My home is only 9 yrs old so it's not the stopper and I barely use it to keep closed. But I like this new gadget because it prevents my hair from clogging the drain and it looks much nicer than the oversized one he put in. Had I known there were other options I would not have hired that plumber in the first place and now I know don't go to him if decide to get other plumbing things done.

Maybe it is better to hire someone who works for a business rather than it being his own business. I'm noticing problems on both sides in different fields of contract work. Sometimes the employee takes advantage of the employer thinking the employer will never know he got extra money on the side from charging more in cash then writes up the bill for less and/or doesn't bother to give a bill instead claims to mail it later meanwhile he walks off with cash. Then there are others who will do the best job they can because they don't want to get into trouble with their employer the owner. Sometimes when it's the owner of the business who does it himself it doesn't matter as much because he pockets all the income which he should being he is the sole owner/worker. Then there are the owners who will strive to be professional, courteous and do a good job even if it means stopping in when in the area and have time to correct a mistake or defective product that way they get more paying customers. Retaliating online or anywhere else is professional suicide.

This small job should never have been a big federal case to him. I came here so angry because it was him putting blame on me without even seeing it instead of being professional. Bottom line he did a crappy job since it was so recent that he replaced the old one.
It took you from May to August to get your panties in a wad.
My hair is waist long and I have no clogged pipes.

Old 08-06-2023, 10:49 AM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
basic home maintenance.

I have no idea why people hire an electrician to change a light bulb? FYI, it's for the ladder not the skill or product.

Old 08-06-2023, 03:32 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
basic home maintenance.

I have no idea why people hire an electrician to change a light bulb? FYI, it's for the ladder not the skill or product.
People like this are probably better off renting. That would free up the available time pros can spend applying their expertise to real problems and reduce the amount of time they spend listening to rude customers.

Last edited by Parnassia; 08-06-2023 at 04:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House