Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 09:01 AM

2,666 posts, read 1,187,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
You definitely can't insult a tradesman like that and then expect them to go the extra mile for you in return.

I'm glad that you were able to fix your stopper issue yourself. You'll probably need to find another plumber in the event that something else comes up. Good luck.
So he can insult me first and I what have to grovel and be nice to him. Nope I gave him a dose of his own attitude. Plumbers here in my County are a problem. One is so old he sat on the floor and starting singing "women are mean, women are mean" He has a screw loose for sure. Another one called me while at the plumbing supply store acting like an old fashioned house wife turning the whole buying a pan for the washer into a big project. I couldn't help but laugh and I said what is the problem if you can't get one that fits the exact size of the washer then why don't you just get what fits? I found out he did the same thing to another resident here. I gave that plumber 3 new customers he otherwise would not have had. There is something wrong with these plumbers and even some few employees who work for HVAC companies. Is it because I am a woman living alone?

I had contractors wanting cash without any receipt. I had a contractor bragging how he put his employer in a bind by threatening to quit if he doesn't get a raise. Then when he did get the raise he bragged about it to his coworkers. That made the employer look like an azz. He bragged all about it to me then his mouth dropped when I told him I was told what the charge would be for general maintenance which is what was done.

Now this plumber is self employed so he has no fear of being fired and cannot threaten to quit to an employer because he is the employer to himself.

I am beginning to think either they get more money on disability or filing for bankruptcy and that is why they are losing customers. Bankruptcy means not having to pay back the bills. But a PIA if they don't save up the cash to live on. Or maybe there are cranky older people driving them nuts in my community. I know 3 buildings of real PIA's. Bottom line here is I will not recommend this plumber but I also will not attempt to destroy his business over a disagreement and insults. He only has himself which I assume makes it hard for him but the HVAC employee one of which went entirely too far that one should be reported. No one should demand cash and told no receipt and it will come in the mail then it never gets sent. I refused to give this man $200 cash because I suspected he was cheating his employer and the customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
People like this are probably better off renting. That would free up the available time pros can spend applying their expertise to real problems and reduce the amount of time they spend listening to rude customers.
I was not rude to him. He insulted me then I gave it back to him. If he want's me to kiss his azz then don't insult me in the first place. If this keeps up plumbers will no longer be in business for themselves and they will have to work for a company not be their own boss anymore. If he had been nice to me and professional then he would have been able to fix the problem and this time use better products not cheezy crap to rip off the customer.

Being a tenant makes no difference. Tenants can disagree with plumbers just as easily and as much as a homeowner can. Plumbers who insult the homeowner deserve to lose the job and recommendations.

Old 08-19-2023, 04:14 PM

Ok we both apologized and everything is ok now. I'm still not going to ask him to fix that stupid stopper of which I never in my life had any problems with any stopper before now. But I got to thinking even though he put it on me first maybe it's the building I'm in. We all consider the plumbing not so good here. At least not the plumbing pipes connected to the water heaters. I had them replaced when I had the tank replaced.

He was glad to see I didn't remove the good review I originally gave him.

Old 08-19-2023, 04:51 PM

9,137 posts, read 6,191,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I would not be surprised if he told his buddies the name of his difficult customer...

It's similar to the doctors writing a note in Elaine's file.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
It's similar to the doctors writing a note in Elaine's file.

LMAO that was funny. It would not surprise me if they did that. It is probably why people write bad reviews about the Doctors they have a bad experience with on the internet.

I do know without a doubt contractors do talk to each other from other jobs. Especially when there are more than three companies hired from a large community of buildings like mine. I had an old man for a plumber who I now realize didn't like my asking questions to learn and understand why and what he could do. The man called me from the plumbing supply store and I swear it was like talking to an out of control Lucy and Ethel sitcom show. He made such a big deal out how he couldn't find the size I asked for. I had to try and calm this child down and tell him when he finally stopped carrying on like as if he had the hardest job in the world and tell him when he let me it's no big deal I merely asked you a question about getting the size. They don't have then they don't have it.

He gets back here with his assistant gets down on the floor and sings "women are mean, women are mean" That man is going to either get the crap sued out of him, end up being put in a nursing home by his family or get the crap beat out of him from a husband.

I am seeing more and more contractors acting like as if their job is to much for them. And not its not the customer it's largely due to they don't like doing a job for a woman or they just are ready for retirement. But the plumbers who keep this up will eventually pick the wrong person to do this to.

It will come out if they put down the customer because people always slip up, they always talk about each other also not just the customer and reveal names of the customers. That is how they get into trouble and lose their business revealing the names and/or addresses of paying customers they choose to give a hard time to, over charge or just decide that day it is all the customers fault they don't like their job anymore. From now on no more hiring lone contractors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House