Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 07:54 PM

546 posts, read 2,205,117 times

Advertisements

I used the rug doctor carpet cleaning machine, it says we could dump out the dirty water to the toilet, I only dump the tank 2 times, then the toilet got stuck, we tried everything, did the pumping and snake tool thing, but nothing worked. The snake tool, please pardon me for using the wrong terminology, was recommend by the home depot staff, but for our newer toilet, the snake doesn’t go in to the hole, I think it’s due to our newer toilet, the hole entry is smaller and the path is different I think. Any thoughts to share or I’ll need a plumber? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 08:08 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,310,197 times
OK first, unless you dumped a HUGE amount of solid stuff, it should flush. Just dirty water is just that - water.

A toilet snake is usually fairly small on the end, and the cable is pretty flexible, so it really should be going down fine. You may not be using it properly, or they gave you the wrong thing.

If you have not already already tried a plunger, try that.
If you have tried it and it didn't work, you may try this technique, but you have to be careful.

Get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with water. Start pouring it down the toilet. I know it's kind of scary, but really, it should go down. You have to pour it pretty fast for it to work right, BUT, you have to be ready to stop at once, should it look like it is going to overflow.

This will work 90% of the time to unclog a toilet.

If not, then call a plumber.

I use the bucket most of the time, because I hate cleaning a plunger afterwards.
Good luck.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:52 PM

Default how much for a plumber?

does anyone know roughly how much it is to hire a plumber nowadays?

Old 02-21-2009, 09:55 PM

Default soup and hot water method site

have anyone tried this before to unclog the toilet?

Welcome to ThriftyFun.com - A Gardening, Arts & Crafts and Frugal Living Community

Old 06-06-2009, 11:10 PM

54 posts, read 237,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueimo View Post

Yeah, go ahead and try that.... let me know what kind of toilet you buy when the bowl breaks from the hot water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House