Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that they are going to build Earthquest?
Yes 18 66.67%
No 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 06:04 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
I know this thread and forum is for everyone to be able to post. But the pessimists go and take your pessimism to the Florida forum. That isn't needed here.

I have noticed when it comes to Houstonians people still treat this place like its some small city from back in the 1980's when it was Denver's size. Get over it people, its now 6.1 Million people. Its a big city and treat it like that. Yeah, everyone should be cautious but get the pessimist attitude the hell out of here. There are constructive ways to be critical without being a pessimist, please do us a favor and learn it.
So every great city has to have some lame theme park? People should visit Houston for something better than a theme park in the backwoods. But really there is no need to worry about that because it's not getting built. Oh well, I guess visitors will just have to bare the horror of going to Space Center Houston.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:11 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
So every great city has to have some lame theme park? People should visit Houston for something better than a theme park in the backwoods. But really there is no need to worry about that because it's not getting built. Oh well, I guess visitors will just have to bare the horror of going to Space Center Houston.
A theme park that will bring in a lot of jobs and money into Houston's economy. Not sure why you are so against it.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:23 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Plus this one will be green (great for those who want to see green energy). And it will hopefully mess with people's heads in terms of showing people Texas does not have to be backward about evolution.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:45 PM

739 posts, read 1,188,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavMeAlone View Post
Yawn. Next.

don't let us keep you up...

Quote:
6.1.... lol.
it's true. When you count the surrounding areas of Houston and not just the city limits. The surrounding areas of Houston are: Sugarland, Pasedena, Katy, the Woodlands, etc....it's approx 6 million

Old 12-30-2010, 09:37 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
A theme park that will bring in a lot of jobs and money into Houston's economy. Not sure why you are so against it.
Minimum wage jobs are not the jobs we should be actively pursuing to create. If we're going to be a player on the world scene we need bigger and better higher skilled jobs.

Would you want a massive landfill in Memorial Park if it helped bring money into Houston's economy? Why tear up the forest to put some cheesy fake mountain and other useless mind numbing attractions that are suppose to be "green". I can't think of anything more "green" than leaving the forest just the way it is.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:23 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Minimum wage jobs are not the jobs we should be actively pursuing to create. If we're going to be a player on the world scene we need bigger and better higher skilled jobs.
So, your idea is if its minimum wage jobs, you might as well not have any jobs at all? Okay... You're acting as if this is the only type of jobs Houston is adding and as if you know how much people are going to get paid at EarthQuest. You don't even get paid minimum wage at Six Flags (at least at Over Texas). Go look at all of the companies relocating here (like Exxon moving the ENTIRE former Mobil HQ from Fairfax, VA to Spring).

Quote:
Would you want a massive landfill in Memorial Park if it helped bring money into Houston's economy? Why tear up the forest to put some cheesy fake mountain and other useless mind numbing attractions that are suppose to be "green". I can't think of anything more "green" than leaving the forest just the way it is.
And do you honestly believe that the forest is going to remain the way it is forever? Especially with the way the Houston metro area is growing? The land is there for anyone to buy. I'd rather them put this theme park up there then have another cookie-cutter subdivision, or gigantic Walmart + parking lot. And it's not like they are going to clear cut the entire thing. Go look at the plans.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:07 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times
Quote:

I guess there's a NIMBY in every city! Your attitude makes me sick!

Old 12-31-2010, 08:25 AM

16 posts, read 20,410 times
Here's the REAL PROBLEM, the freaking problem is that no construction workers have not been moving trees, or touched the land, & they been talking about groundbreaking since 2007 (DAZED AND CONFUSED)
Said that ground breaking would began in late 2010, or early 2011.

I doubt it would now began in 2011 now.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:14 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
Give it some time.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:16 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
BTW, I really really want to know info about this large mystery amusement park. I wonder how it will affect EQA and where would it be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston