Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 04:18 PM

847 posts, read 1,752,002 times

Advertisements

i think what the OP is meaning about $600 for a table and two bottles is that it would be a reserved table (vip).... that's not an uncommon price for a reserved table. overpriced? yes. i think the OP's idea of being selective at the front door is what would REALLY hurt the club. if we're talking about pretentious people going...those pretentious people would most likely get a cheaper drink at another bar BEFORE going to this club....that way they won't be spending a lot, yet still be seen in the club.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:19 PM

6 posts, read 9,455 times
Nah, this guy actually had Bentley rims on the car too (flying B's). I was confused looking at it cause it didn't match anything I recognized as a Bentley, but then my friend pointed out where you could still see a very faint outline of "Genesis" on the trunk where it was removed, and everything became clear when I looked closely inside and saw the Hyundai steering wheel.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:09 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Just checked the identical thread posted in Dallas - it only has about 15 posts and at least three have to do with how long the Houston thread has gotten. Same answers there - the people that can afford it are not into a superficial lifestyle.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:16 PM

413 posts, read 819,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
...the people that can afford it are not into a superficial lifestyle.
Yet, the first thing people in Texas do when they get promoted or get a better job is running to buy a bigger McMansion (really who needs anything above 2500 sq ft?!?) in a better "subdivision" or a better car to drive around the burbs.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy_Fin_Guy View Post
Yet, the first thing people in Texas do when they get promoted or get a better job is running to buy a bigger McMansion (really who needs anything above 2500 sq ft?!?) in a better "subdivision" or a better car to drive around the burbs.
At the end of the day, they own that house or car. You just rent drinks.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:23 PM

413 posts, read 819,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
At the end of the day, they own that house or car. You just rent drinks.
Choices. Some people prefer traveling and going on vacations but living in smaller homes, driving smaller cars. Texans prefer staying in Texas in their cookie cutter McMansion which looks exactly like the ones next door.

Not to mention 2008 was about peoople who couldn't afford their mortage. Not their drinks at clubs.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:43 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,327,162 times
Quote:
Choices. Some people prefer traveling and going on vacations but living in smaller homes, driving smaller cars. Texans prefer staying in Texas in their cookie cutter McMansion which looks exactly like the ones next door.

Not to mention 2008 was about peoople who couldn't afford their mortage. Not their drinks at clubs.
Clearly you're set on opening your club, so do it -- lets just hope you leave your negative attitude about our state before you come, because that crap doesn't fly here.

We don't need you here... in fact, we probably don't even want you here. Houston has over 5 million very happy, and generally well off residents, which is more than almost any city in the country can say about itself. We don't need one more disgruntled person trying to make it like the hell hole they're leaving.

We do enjoy traveling and going on vacations (been to six continents) -- but I also enjoy saving my money. Knowing my financial future is secure sure is a lot more fun than pissing out $600 on my next trip to the John.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:57 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Neither Houston nor Dallas would work. People in those cities are more conservative and not nouveau riche like that type of club attracts. In Texas, people know who they are and they don't need to 'be seen" in some club to prove it.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:09 PM

847 posts, read 1,752,002 times
Quote:
i'd rather have a bigger house, nicer subdivision, or better car any day of the week. and to be honest, that isn't specific to "people in texas". that's ANYWHERE in this world. please tell me which "rich or wealthy" person lives in a small, rundown 1 bedroom apt and takes public transportation.

now maybe your club will be the place that people go to celebrate their new promotion, new car, or bigger house. but don't expect them to be regulars.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
My guess is a lot of the people who couldn't pay their mortgage (not counting those that lost their jobs) probably wasted part of their money on that type of entertainment/money management. We didn't get the real estate blow-up here in Houston like they did in states like .....um, Florida. Our foreclosures numbers were a lot smaller than elsewhere - for the most part, the sub-prime loans that blew up everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston