Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 05:50 PM

8 posts, read 25,946 times

Advertisements

My husband and 2 young boys are looking to move and we have been searching for almost a year. We have it narrowed down to these 3 neighborhoods all on different sides of town. One is in Conroe ISD, one is Cy-Fair ISD, and the last is Humble ISD. We are currently in Klein and I just cant see sending my kids to these schools or staying in the neighborhood much longer.

Can anyone give me some helpful hints from the schools to the community to even demographics ( yes I said it, demographics) sorry just hate being told oh drive through and see well most people are not in the front yard they are inside or in back how can I see what type of people live there.

Anything you all could spare information wise will help us.
Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 08:07 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,586,259 times
What's wrong with your Klein schools? Are you on the crappy side of Klein?

My wife and I just signed for a new house in Spring, 2920 area. Which will pertain to Klein. My brother-in-law's both said that the schools that pertain to that zone are old but good academics.

Anyhow I was looking at Discovery, seems to be a promising neighborhood. However it's been in the same stage since 2009, not really much activity going on. People are moving in too slow. Now I will say that probably because the market sucks and people dont want to spend 250K-300+ on a home right now. Then the neighborhood doesn't even have the amenities yet, so it probably makes it less appealing. However I was told by the C-Rock salesman, that the developer is changing and they will be bringing the amenities soon. Also higher tier builders like Perry, DavidWeekly, Trendmaker, etc.. I do like the green, efl building rules, recycle program, and blah blah blah. Just not the fact that it will take a while to get all that to a reasonable stage. Also the lakes arent their yet and no idea how it will look for the better or the worse.

Bridgeland, i've drove thru it when I went to visit a homeowner there. Very nice homes. Their website seems to have nice features. Schools are new for the most part.

Towne Lake seems to be very promising too, 300 acres of lakes that you can actually use. that would be nice.

I know Discovery, and Bridgeland are mostly Caucasian. No idea about Fall creek. I'm sure both have HOA, i know discovery has pretty strict HOA, because my first house is in the same management company. Plus both places have homes that are pretty up there, so only certain type of people can afford to live there.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:42 AM

1,042 posts, read 3,264,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Mommy11 View Post
My husband and 2 young boys are looking to move and we have been searching for almost a year. We have it narrowed down to these 3 neighborhoods all on different sides of town. One is in Conroe ISD, one is Cy-Fair ISD, and the last is Humble ISD. We are currently in Klein and I just cant see sending my kids to these schools or staying in the neighborhood much longer.

Can anyone give me some helpful hints from the schools to the community to even demographics ( yes I said it, demographics) sorry just hate being told oh drive through and see well most people are not in the front yard they are inside or in back how can I see what type of people live there.

Anything you all could spare information wise will help us.
Thanks!!!!
Its not just the neighborhood you have to think abt but the surrounding area. Trust me you can get a sense of that very easily by driving around at various times. You can find threads on here abt two of the three areas you are interested in. I know for sure Fall Creek. I would say though that if you have driven thru these communities and have no pull in either direction than its one of two things. One could be the areas you are looking at all are fine and you just have to find a house that you love in one of them or two NONE of them pull at your heart strings and thus do not feel like home to you and your family.
Speaking just on FC I can say they have very passionate residents who are very active in the community. Wondering though if you are considering Fall Creek why are you not considering Summerwood, Lakeshore, or Eagle Springs? Have you driven thru these areas? They could be well worth the extra 5-10 min drive time on the commute. I know it was for us.
Happy house hunting!

Old 06-15-2011, 12:05 PM

8 posts, read 25,946 times
I graduated from Klein High in 03 and had attended school in cy fair before. Had a very hard time adjusting to demographics in Klein and it was always priority to teach the test not the child. In cyfair i would have been top 25% and in Klein I graduated number 9 sad because it much tougher teaching in cyfair than klein. Sorry just coming from experience. We actually have decided on May Valley in the Woodlands. The bubble is there and the school is to my standards.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,738,039 times
Thanks for the followup Tx_Mommy. Always nice to hear where people end up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston