Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 10:26 AM

38 posts, read 110,497 times

Advertisements

Particularly:

1) How bad is the plane noise?
2) How does one get to 59 in the morning between 8 and 9? (Will Clayton? West Lake to Beltway? 1960?)
3) How often you catch a whiff of smells from the dump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 11:44 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,140,569 times
If you search eagle springs on this forum, you will find LOTS of info.

But I live here (as do a few others on here) and can answer your questions.

1) How bad is the plane noise?
You hear it when outside. I don't hear them when inside unless the house is completely quiet, and even then it's totally muted. I don't hear them to be honest (tune them out) unless it's a huge jumbo jet and those don't come frequently.

2) How does one get to 59 in the morning between 8 and 9? (Will Clayton? West Lake to Beltway? 1960?) Depends - where are you going on 59? Over by the mall? Commuting to Downtown? I typically use Will Clayton. But during the school year (and closer to 8am) I use Atascocita Road. NEVER 1960, unless I am specifically going to 1960/59 or Kingwood. And only W. Lake Houston to the Beltway if I need to go to Summerwood or go east on the Beltway for whatever reason. Atascocita Road or Will Clayton are the best ways to go.

3) How often you catch a whiff of smells from the dump? I have never smelled the dump here. Ever.

I LOVE Eagle Springs. Love the sense of community, the amenities, the neighborhoods, the schools are excellent, all the parks, etc. It's a great place to raise a family.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:21 PM

38 posts, read 110,497 times
^^thanks for the info. most of the other threads on here are about fall creek vs eagle springs or summerwood v. eagle springs. i couldn't find any threads discussing actually living in eagle springs.

as a current resident, how much of a concern do you have about the undeveloped land to the west (back toward 59) of eagle springs? the parts that are developed also seem to be more entry level homes.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:13 PM

1,042 posts, read 3,264,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRamon View Post
^^thanks for the info. most of the other threads on here are about fall creek vs eagle springs or summerwood v. eagle springs. i couldn't find any threads discussing actually living in eagle springs.

as a current resident, how much of a concern do you have about the undeveloped land to the west (back toward 59) of eagle springs? the parts that are developed also seem to be more entry level homes.
Hi RazorRamon! Yes there are plenty of threads abt vs on here. With that being said We have chosen ES as our home twice now. We built here back in 01 when it was new and lived here till 07 till we had an out of state relo. Moved back in 09 even after considering other communities before hand. It is just home for us. As for the plane noise. yes you hear it from time to time when outside but very rare do you hear it inside. Again though we may have just learned to tune it out which means it really is nothing major. As for the Dump we have NEVER smelled it. We would NEVER have moved here if so and it is actually closer to the other communities further down Wilson and the Beltway. You really do not even have to drive by it if you do not want to. As for the undeveloped land, I have read that Perry homes owns the land between here and SW. They just have chosen not to build on it and thus that is why Timber Forest does not go all the way to SW just yet. Also there are some protected wetlands dwn towards 59 behind us. So not really an issue. You will though find entry level homes in every area around Houston. That is just the way it is.
Sure people can pick apart any community and anybody who lives in said community can defend it but honestly you just need to drive thru at differ times and see if you like what ya see. We are a very family oriented community with highly active residents. I have never ran into anybody who says they hate living here. We have not one but two wonderful Elementary schools. My oldest has attended both and we have no qualms with either.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:27 PM

16 posts, read 29,337 times
I live in a neighboring community, closer to the airport/dump, and can tell you that neither concern is an issue - even for us. Commuting to the highway is not difficult from the area, but it can take some time (even without traffic).

Old 06-23-2011, 05:40 AM

1,632 posts, read 3,327,595 times
Same as the above posters. There's actually a nice park DIRECTLY across the street from the dump, and on 90% of the days you can't even smell it from there. I'm not even joking. Never once smelled it from ES.

Living here is great -- the commute downtown is really pretty reasonable. The 59 is probably the best freeway in Houston at this point and doesn't seem to back up nearly as much as the 290 or 45. The only downer is that there isn't a nice mall anywhere near us. Deerbrook is alright, but we typically go to the Woodlands if we want to spend a few hours wandering around at the mall. Maybe someone can tell you something close.

The community is great -- great people and lots of activities. TONS of parks. Almost everyone is within walking distance to at least one. Lots of trees and green spaces. All the shopping you need is within 2-3 minutes drive. You've got a super target, super walmart, best buy, lowes, HEB, and about a dozen restaurants very close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston