Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 12:35 PM

104 posts, read 136,827 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who is planning to relocate into the area and has pretty much narrowed it down to one of the three communities. I greatly appreciate it if you guys can share the positives and possible drawbacks to each community.

I know my friend is primarily concerned about safety. He would not be opposed to a MPC with a community crime watch or vigilant police presence. Which community should he be leaning towards in this regard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 12:44 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,598,157 times
They are all great communites. What is he looking for in a community?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:54 PM

104 posts, read 136,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
They are all great communites. What is he looking for in a community?

I guess you can say that safety is a primary concern for them. They are a young family just starting out...but at the same time would like to put down some roots. They would like to settle into a neighborhood were 10-15 years from now there still will be a viable public high school option like in Denmark.

Respect for community, property...friendly neighborhood with no toleration for riffaff. Plenty of amenities and options for families.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:22 PM

1,042 posts, read 3,264,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn&Matt View Post
I guess you can say that safety is a primary concern for them. They are a young family just starting out...but at the same time would like to put down some roots. They would like to settle into a neighborhood were 10-15 years from now there still will be a viable public high school option like in Denmark.

Respect for community, property...friendly neighborhood with no toleration for riffaff. Plenty of amenities and options for families.
Um yeah, if they are expecting it to be Denmark they will sadly be disappointed. Riff Raff is pretty much everywhere in Houston. I would say more so down in that area. The surrounding neighborhoods are not that great but that is just how it is. Every great community has a not so desireable neighborhood by it. Unless they want to live somewhere like The Woodlands though I am sure they have it somewhere up there as well though I have not seen it.

I would say that the better of those three will be Summerwood and Fall Creek. They are more highly respected communities. Anybody I know who lived in Canyon did not like it all and depending on which section it backs RIGHT up to the dump. They would not see a return on their investment what so ever in that community. I am guessing since you mention safety they would be looking at the gated section of Canyon. Any community that has to entice customers in with the offer of a free pool makes ya wonder what they are compensating ya for. In this case it is The Dump!

If you research on the forum here you will find many threads abt Summerwood and Fall Creek. Both neighborhoods have active residents who love their communities so you can not really go wrong. I personally would pick SW over Fall Creek. But again it is all what feels like home to the person who is purchasing the home. Speaking ONLY for ourselves Fall Creek is just too close to the Beltway but some may consider that a plus. So is Summerwood for that matter.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:05 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,738,039 times
Summerwood is best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: