Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 07:28 PM

448 posts, read 702,359 times

Advertisements

Stop, you're killing me! Seriously, I wish you could hear how hard I am laughing. You think photo enforcement cameras should come down? You do realize that red light cameras are photo enforcement right? I mean it just keeps getting better. The only difference between Tempe and Houston is that Tempe uses the same cameras to catch speeders. Texas law prohibits doing so. Other than that how are they any different?

How does the Photo Enforcement program work?
The Photo Enforcement program operates 24 hours a day seven days a week and operates in all weather conditions. Warning signs are posted on approach to a photo enforcement zone. The program works by using high resolution high speed digital cameras that are activated when a red light and/or speed violation occurs. The two different methods in which the violations are detected are by using fixed sensors or radar. The cameras are activated when either the sensors or radar detects that a violation has occurred. The cameras capture digital images that document the violation, the driver, vehicle and license plate. The Tempe Police Department reviews every violation. Upon review a Traffic Violation Notice or Arizona Ticket and Complaint is mailed.

Photo Enforcement Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I also think the photo enforcement cameras should come down...it's faulty technology. Don't be fooled by the hype..these are not the same cameras that Houston uses.

However this is the type of hype that the Kubosh's and baytownb use to brainwash people. There is a word for it and salesmen use it to persuade buyers. It is called group persuasion or social proof. It feeds into behavior that people display when they see everyone else doing it...then they think that they should follow along and it to. Hey everbody else is doing it so why aren't we? ...old sales trick and widely used by lawyers and salesmen. baytownb has been using it all throughout this post
5 Persuasion Tactics for One to One Selling

Social proof - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's why sleazy Kubosh wants to have them taken down...videos don't lie...so he looses out on all that money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 07:36 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baytownb View Post
Stop, you're killing me! Seriously, I wish you could hear how hard I am laughing. You think photo enforcement cameras should come down? You do realize that red light cameras are photo enforcement right? I mean it just keeps getting better. The only difference between Tempe and Houston is that Tempe uses the same cameras to catch speeders. Texas law prohibits doing so. Other than that how are they any different?

The Photo Enforcement program operates 24 hours a day seven days a week and operates in all weather conditions. Warning signs are posted on approach to a photo enforcement zone. The program works by using high resolution high speed digital cameras that are activated when a red light and/or speed violation occurs. The two different methods in which the violations are detected are by using fixed sensors or radar. The cameras are activated when either the sensors or radar detects that a violation has occurred. The cameras capture digital images that document the violation, the driver, vehicle and license plate. The Tempe Police Department reviews every violation. Upon review a Traffic Violation Notice or Arizona Ticket and Complaint is mailed.

Photo Enforcement Program

Right and there is a HUGE difference! Not the same as what the red light cameras do in Houston...you are comparing apples to oranges. Duh...of course the red light cameras in Houston are "photo enforcement cameras"...duhhhh but not the same technology nor used for the same purpose. Very different technology. One produces only photos and one produces a very strong and clear cut video. Not the same and not even the same vendor. Ha Ha Ha It is a generic name used to describe traffic cameras...just like the word centrifuge...there are all kinds of centrifuges out there that utilize different technology and are used for different purposes.

So now I am laughing at you showing everybody the pseudo hype tatic...social proof that you were using by posting that link....pretty funny indeed!

And enlighten us as to why you would post a link about AZ taking down speed cameras? That has nothing to do with Houstons red light cameras. Social Proof at its finest!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:39 PM

It finally came together for me. You think "photo enforcement" means they only take still photos, and that the redlight and speed cameras in Tempe only take still photos and Houston cameras are better because they use still photos and video right? That is what you are saying?

Quote:
Right and there is a HUGE difference! Not the same as what the red light cameras do in Houston...you are comparing apples to oranges. Duh...of course the red light cameras in Houston are "photo enforcement cameras"...duhhhh but not the same technology nor used for the same purpose. One produces only photos and one produces a very strong and clear cut video. Not the same and not even the same vendor. Ha Ha Ha

So now I am laughing at you showing everybody the pseudo hype tatic...social proof that you were using by posting that link....pretty funny indeed!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:43 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
It finally came together for me. You think "photo enforcement" means they only take still photos, and that the redlight and speed cameras in Tempe only take still photos and Houston cameras are better because they use still photos and video right? That is what you are saying?
No I don't think that! This is the technology used in AZ...completely different then what is used in Houston...just like I said you are comparing apples to oranges!

http://www.redflex.com/html/usa/solutions/REDFLEXspeed (broken link)

Old 07-11-2011, 07:48 PM

Well then explain it, because you aren't making any sense to anyone. Tempe has a photoenforcement system set up by redflex, their cameras cite violations of speed and for running red lights, the photos and video are processed by the camera vendor and sent to the local PD for review, and if authorized a civil notice of violation is mailed out to the owner of the vehicle. Other than the fact that the system also catches speeders what is the difference between the two systems? And yes, I believe that is what you thought until you realized you just got owned. Why else did you say this? "One produces only photos and one produces a very strong and clear cut video." What did you mean by that?

Quote:
No I don't think that! This is the technology used in AZ...completely different then what is used in Houston

Speed Safety Cameras - REDFLEXspeed | REDFLEX (http://www.redflex.com/html/usa/solutions/REDFLEXspeed - broken link)

Old 07-11-2011, 07:55 PM

LOL, I mean seriously, what shred of credibility you may have had clinging around you is now completely washed off. How many times can you be PROVEN wrong completely and still keep coming back? Tempe AZ redflex cameras enforce red light violations just like Houston, they just so happen to also catch speeders. They use the same technology and they both TAKE VIDEO! Go ahead, I can't wait, tell me again how they are different and I don't know what I am talking about.

[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]
SMARTscene
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]â„¢ [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]subsystem for full-motion
video provides situational awareness
before and after incident. Patent-pending
combination of high-resolution digital stills
with full-motion video produces irrefutable
evidence
• SMARTscene Live!
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]â„¢ [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]provides live streaming
video to browsers, using high-performance
compression algorithms and multiple
simultaneous camera views. Also provides

video recording capabilities

http://www.redflex.com/files/Red%20Fixed.pdf (broken link)

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Quote:
but not the same technology nor used for the same purpose. Very different technology. One produces only photos and one produces a very strong and clear cut video. Not the same

Old 07-11-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
LOL, I mean seriously, what shred of credibility you may have had clinging around you is now completely washed off. How many times can you be PROVEN wrong completely and still keep coming back? Tempe AZ redflex cameras enforce red light violations just like Houston, they just so happen to also catch speeders. They use the same technology and they both TAKE VIDEO! Go ahead, I can't wait, tell me again how they are different and I don't know what I am talking about.

[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][LEFT]SMARTscene[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]subsystem for full-motion[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]video provides situational awareness[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]before and after incident. Patent-pending[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]combination of high-resolution digital stills[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]with full-motion video produces irrefutable[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]evidence[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]• SMARTscene Live![/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]provides live streaming[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]video to browsers, using high-performance[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]compression algorithms and multiple[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]simultaneous camera views. Also provides[/LEFT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]video recording capabilities[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]http://www.redflex.com/files/Red%20Fixed.pdf (broken link)[/SIZE]

I think you need to stop! Give it up dude....yes that company also makes red light cameras...that is not the camera that is being turned off in AZ...read the article you posted. They are shutting down the speeding cameras in AZ...read what you post! You posted that article that had NOTHING to do with Houston's red light cameras...not even the same vendor. You posted it so you can use it as a persuasion tactic to say look everyone...AZ is shutting down the cameras....we should do the same thing!

You don't even read what you post...apples to oranges! Read it again...SPEED CAMERAS....different technology then the red light cameras in Houston. I think you need to stop now. Your social proof tactic is so obvious...it is pathetic.

Controversy over the state's speed cameras prompted the Department of Public Safety to discontinue the enforcement on freeways last summer.

Come on Kubosh...this is the same crap that you are trying to promote in the video to brainwash and distract everyone! Anyone with half a brain can see right through you!

Lets talk about Houstons red light cameras not AZ speeding cameras.

Last edited by TVC15; 07-11-2011 at 08:12 PM..

Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 PM

OK, wait a minute, now your argument has gone from saying they only take still photos, which they don't to they are only shutting off the speed cameras in Tempe? Bwaaahaaa! I can't stand it, seriously, I just spit my water on the screen. Looks like you need to read what I post. I posted earlier; Notice it says RED LIGHT AND/OR SPEED VIOLATIONS?

The Photo Enforcement program operates 24 hours a day seven days a week and operates in all weather conditions. Warning signs are posted on approach to a photo enforcement zone. The program works by using high resolution high speed digital cameras that are activated when a red light and/or speed violation occurs

So since the cameras for catching red light runners and speeders are the same cameras in the same box and the city is cancelling their contract how do they just shut off the speed cameras and how are they going to use the cameras from a vendor with no contract to keep issuing the RED LIGHT tickets?

This kind of reminds me of those school yard fights where the kid is laid out on the ground and keeps saying "hit me again"

Quote:
Give it up dude....yes that company also makes red light cameras...that is not the camera that is being turned off in AZ...read the article you posted. They are shutting down the speeding cameras in AZ...read what you post! You posted that article that had NOTHING to do with Houston's red light cameras...not even the same vendor. You posted it so you can use it as a persuasion tactic to say look everyone...AZ is shutting down the cameras....we should do the same thing!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
OK, wait a minute, now your argument has gone from saying they only take still photos, which they don't to they are only shutting off the speed cameras in Tempe? Bwaaahaaa! I can't stand it, seriously, I just spit my water on the screen. Looks like you need to read what I post. I posted earlier; Notice it says RED LIGHT AND/OR SPEED VIOLATIONS?

The Photo Enforcement program operates 24 hours a day seven days a week and operates in all weather conditions. Warning signs are posted on approach to a photo enforcement zone. The program works by using high resolution high speed digital cameras that are activated when a red light and/or speed violation occurs

So since the cameras for catching red light runners and speeders are the same cameras in the same box and the city is cancelling their contract how do they just shut off the speed cameras and how are they going to use the cameras from a vendor with no contract to keep issuing the RED LIGHT tickets?

This kind of reminds me of those school yard fights where the kid is laid out on the ground and keeps saying "hit me again"
Your crazy...read the article that you posted...read it! Let's keep the discussion on that! You are losing it! This is right from the article you posted!

Controversy over the state's speed cameras prompted the Department of Public Safety to discontinue the enforcement on freeways last summer.

There are no red light intersections on freeways...you have got to be kidding me!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:15 PM

I am talking about the article, Tempe AZ is ending their contract with Redflex that issued camera tickets (photo enforcement) for running red lights and speeding. But you think they only take photos and are only for speeders. And you said it was different from the cameras in Houston. Other than the fact that they use a different vendor and also issue speeding tickets how are they different?

Quote:
Your crazy...read the article that you posted...read it! Let's keep the discussion on that! You are losing it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston