Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:40 AM

174 posts, read 666,378 times

Advertisements

Hi all, hope you are doing well regarding Erin and possibly Dean. I empathize experiencing hurricanes in MA and FL.

Ok as for my post those who have driven from Florida, especially Rt. 75 to Houston....are there any toll roads, if you can remember where are they and approximately how much?

I am trying to spreadsheet all my expected moving costs, all help and comments are greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 09:43 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
I have traveled that route my entire life several times over! No tolls

Welcome to Houston!

Old 08-17-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I have traveled that route my entire life several times over! No tolls

Welcome to Houston!
Nice, glad I asked.....can't wait, really can't. The people on the Florida boards keep trashing Houston and Texas.

You all are the nicest, most helpful, genuine people. You all ROCK

Old 08-17-2007, 10:04 AM

88 posts, read 301,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgetoutofflorida View Post
Hi all, hope you are doing well regarding Erin and possibly Dean. I empathize experiencing hurricanes in MA and FL.

Ok as for my post those who have driven from Florida, especially Rt. 75 to Houston....are there any toll roads, if you can remember where are they and approximately how much?

I am trying to spreadsheet all my expected moving costs, all help and comments are greatly appreciated.
You just take I-10 all the way except for taking I-12 over the northside of Lake Pontchartrain. The first tolls you will encounter outside of Florida will be in Houston (Sam Houston Tollway [Beltway 8], Hardy Toll Road, and Westpark Toll Road).

Old 08-17-2007, 10:12 AM

6 posts, read 31,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgetoutofflorida View Post
Nice, glad I asked.....can't wait, really can't. The people on the Florida boards keep trashing Houston and Texas.

You all are the nicest, most helpful, genuine people. You all ROCK
I live in the Panhandle right now, use to live in Orlando and we are possibly moving to Houston soon and I am sooooo excited!!! Where in FL are you moving from? Oh, and for the record, I haven't been on the FL boards and I wouldn't trash TX!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Thanks

Thank you Historian, yeah I expected to pay tolls in Houston but surprised there aren't any others like driving 95 (as you must know tolls everywhere). I have never been further west than I am in Florida's gulf coast. Is it a nice scenic drive Rt. 10 & 12?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Not too scenic. Pretty boring! LOL! Love going over the Atchafalaya Swamp though!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff&Ian View Post
I live in the Panhandle right now, use to live in Orlando and we are possibly moving to Houston soon and I am sooooo excited!!! Where in FL are you moving from? Oh, and for the record, I haven't been on the FL boards and I wouldn't trash TX!
I am in Sarasota county right now, but I have also lived in Lee Co.
Yeah the men over there keep baiting me when I say simple things about why I no longer want to live there. They are really bringing out the worst in me cause they are so nasty, I guess they don't think women should speak there minds, gee when I moved here I thought I feel into the 80s or 90s, guess it is actually the 20s (where women should keep quite and not vote)

I can't wait until I am in Houston the people seem so nice. Unfortunately because of my husband's job responsibilities we cannot visit first, but will stay in a hotel instead. Gee how horrible is that? Room service

Old 08-17-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Not too scenic. Pretty boring! LOL! Love going over the Atchafalaya Swamp though!
I will make sure I take notice of that

Old 08-17-2007, 10:38 AM

799 posts, read 3,692,574 times
Pepole on the florida board don't like florida either LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston