Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 03:56 PM

847 posts, read 1,757,426 times

Advertisements

i'll start by saying, that we really love the cat, but we're just not giving him the attention he needs because of our baby. he is a orange tabby, he is about 3 years old, his name is Jake. we adopted him from Petco when we first moved into our house in 2010. The people we adopted him from stated that he had a funny walk because he was always in a cage. so we thought that once he got comfortable in our house, he'd start to walk "normal". well, come to find out at his first vet visit, he has osteoporosis in his back legs. they gave him a shot to hopefully get him walking better and strengthen his bones back to normal, but Jake was used to laying around so he didn't walk much and obviously the medication wore off. i'll admit, we did get behind on his shots.

Jake doesn't jump on anything, doesn't scratch anything (not even a scratching post/strip), rarely meows. he likes to sleep in the bed with us (if we pick him up and put him there of course). he doesn't run or anything because of his legs, he really is the perfect cat for someone who wants a cuddle companion and not a fiesty, rowdy, playful cat. and that was exactly why we fell in love with him, we just can't show him that same amount of attention anymore. and we're always having to take cat hair out of our son's hand/mouth. if anyone is interested or has more questions, feel free to PM me.

here are a couple quick pictures i took of him....

Old 01-30-2012, 04:16 PM

833 posts, read 1,897,235 times
I am the owner of Barking Life here in Katy/Richmond. I will pass along to our clients and friends.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:23 PM

ok thanks. we really want him to go to a loving home, and not a shelter. but i would appreciate you passing the word along.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 PM

8,898 posts, read 20,077,379 times
People sometimes take free animals to be mean to them -- you might want to charge a fee.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:56 PM

8,898 posts, read 20,077,379 times
He is a really pretty cat - looks like a little lion. Hope you find someone to love him.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:42 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,532,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
People sometimes take free animals to be mean to them -- you might want to charge a fee.

texas7 is so right. I was active in dog rescue for many years and a policeman told me that many people look for "free to good home" ads to obtain dogs and cats for pit-bull-fighting training. (The cats are used for training pit bull puppies.) These people even sent women and children, posing as loving families, to the owners' homes.

Unless your next-door neighbor or close relative takes the cat, you have absolutely no way of knowing how/where your cat will end up. Your best bet might be a cat rescue group. Those groups usually interview and visit potential adoptive homes. Of course, people can fool anyone but a rescue group is much more alert to liars than is the average pet owner.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:54 AM

799 posts, read 2,448,042 times
Well, that just ruined my morning. Good pointers, though.

I have two cats that arent getting the attention the deserve since our son was born as well. At least they can keep each other company.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:23 PM

9,347 posts, read 20,088,591 times
wow......

being dumped again....

poor jake....

hope you find someone who can make a real commitment to him.....

Old 02-01-2012, 12:37 PM

i posted this to find him a new home, so if you're not willing to take him in, then don't reply. i don't recall asking for people's opinions on the fact that i'm getting rid of him. and i certainly didn't ask for people's opinions on our parenting skills. espcially from some noob who can magically determine gender on a forum. i feel sorry for your kids if you talk to them like that, and i cringe knowing that they will grow up thinking it's ok to talk to people like that....it's no wonder the kids now a days have no manners. they learn it from their parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: