Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM

363 posts, read 748,585 times

Advertisements

How about who cares? Conroe, Spring, The Woodlands, Tomball... Sounds very "Dallas" to be worried about someone's claim of where they are from or live. Not really worth the time. There are areas of The Woodlands that are not near as nice as parts of River Plantation, and vice versa. The fact that you had to look up River Plantation to find out where it was is probably one of the reasons they just say they are from The Woodlands rather than explain the proximity to Conroe, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 03:59 PM

103 posts, read 250,728 times
No you do not know these people so that is unfortunately not the case. If they said "oh, I lived down the street from TW. I lived in River Plantation in Conroe", then I would understand. All I am saying is...
I think it is kinda ridiculous for another city that is 20 to 30 min down the road to claim they live in TW proper. It isn't that hard to say that they live in Conroe. Just be honest and stop trying to be something your not. That is like someone from Dallas that lives in Dallas proper saying they are from Highland Park or Park Cities. That would just be a joke and untrue. If you pay to live in TW and you have the address in TW then you live there period. If you don't then you don't. It is that simple.

Sc

Old 02-28-2012, 04:53 PM

967 posts, read 2,610,628 times
I don't see the big deal, honestly.

Spring is spread out. I have 2 friends in Spring. One next to Klein HS and the other E of 45 off Rayford
Rd. since I don't get that way very often, I like to check in with one or the other for a quick visit. But certainly not both... They live a good 30 minutes away from the other.

Im in Katy, and if someone says they live in The Woodlands it gives me a much better idea than saying they live in xyz subdivision I have no point of reference. But to say they live in The Woodlands tells me something.

To "live" somewhere can mean more than where the house sits. Do they shop, take the kids to dance, see the doc & the dentist, and church in The Woodlands? I'd say it's fair for them to call The Woodlands home.

I live in Cinco Ranch in Katy. I have NO issues whatsoever with someone from the neighboring subdivision saying they're from Cinco Ranch.

Sorry it bothers you, but I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. Sounds like a "first world problem" to me

Old 02-28-2012, 05:16 PM

103 posts, read 250,728 times
I think on a personal level it really has more to do with the person that said it to me in the beg. I think that is where my hang up is. It has been an issue for some time. It is important for others to shop and enjoy TW in order for it to thrive. I get that. I am not having a "first world problem". I am annoyed by the arrogance of the person that I first spoke of. My issue and I will find a way to deal with it.

Thanks,
Sc

Old 02-28-2012, 05:42 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,140,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0628 View Post
No you do not know these people so that is unfortunately not the case. If they said "oh, I lived down the street from TW. I lived in River Plantation in Conroe", then I would understand. All I am saying is...
I think it is kinda ridiculous for another city that is 20 to 30 min down the road to claim they live in TW proper. It isn't that hard to say that they live in Conroe. Just be honest and stop trying to be something your not. That is like someone from Dallas that lives in Dallas proper saying they are from Highland Park or Park Cities. That would just be a joke and untrue. If you pay to live in TW and you have the address in TW then you live there period. If you don't then you don't. It is that simple.

Sc
Well, first of all, Conroe is about 10-15 minutes from The Woodlands, not 30, and River Plantation is about 8 miles from The Woodlands.

Having grown up in the DFW area, I know the various areas pretty well. Living in Plano or Carrollton or Desoto is not living in Dallas. Just like people who don't live there think Ft. Worth and Dallas are pretty much the same place.

I think you have a personal hang up about this that only you can resolve. Hope you can work it out for yourself. Because if you move here...you will be finding a LOT of that going on around here. Houston is massive, and people don't really get hung up on "proper" areas too much.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:53 PM

135 posts, read 335,347 times
Kind of weird, I have the opposite problem. I'm buying in a master planned community with an address in Humble, but I don't want to tell people I live in Humble because when most people think of Humble they think "ghetto". But the MPCs like Fall Creek and Summerwood are very nice and should not be lumped in with the rest of the crap hole that is Humble.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:09 PM

235 posts, read 803,364 times
You're from Dallas and have never lived in the Woodlands. Why do you have so much 'pride' to live in the Woodlands? Is it because you feel that saying you live in the Woodlands will give you some sort of status? And that somehow they're taking a part of your uniqueness away by claiming the same?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 AM

Looks like a lot of preninetious plus one... Sad, stay in Dallas, or Highland Park. All the more so..

Old 02-29-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNPLAYBOY310 View Post
Kind of weird, I have the opposite problem. I'm buying in a master planned community with an address in Humble, but I don't want to tell people I live in Humble because when most people think of Humble they think "ghetto". But the MPCs like Fall Creek and Summerwood are very nice and should not be lumped in with the rest of the crap hole that is Humble.

Ummmm.... Well... You call yourself BROWNPLAYBOY310. You'll probably just want to claim your own address and say the rest of your street in Humble, which is where you ARE buying, is "ghetto". Way to not "lump in"...

Old 02-29-2012, 07:20 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,132,959 times
This has to be one of the most pointless threads ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston