Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 02:19 PM

103 posts, read 250,797 times

Advertisements

Hello all and thanks for answering my question in advance. We are native Texans and we love our state! My family and I are looking to relocate to The Woodlands from the Dallas area. It will be closer for us to be near my husband's relatives. We are very excited and can't wait to move, but I have a question that has been on my mind. Does The Woodlands proper residents get tired of surrounding cities claiming to be apart of the Woodlands? An example would be that I mentioned to someone that my family and I were planning on moving to the Woodlands and this person said that they used to live in the Woodlands. When I asked what village they said they lived in River Plantation. When I researched this it is said to be in Conroe Texas. I thought if you lived in The Woodlands proper you had a Woodlands address and zip code. I am not sure about anyone else, but I would be so proud to live in the Woodlands and would not want anyone living outside the township to be saying they lived there and paid taxes there when they don't. Maybe I am just being to weird about it, but it bugs me. Just saying. Is there anyone else out there that feels this way?

Thanks,
Sc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 02:39 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,142,120 times
Are you aware that The Woodlands are Conroe ISD and Tomball ISD (and I hear that a school or two were rezoned to Magnolia)? Would that bother you?

Old 02-27-2012, 02:41 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,709,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0628 View Post
I am not sure about anyone else, but I would be so proud to live in the Woodlands and would not want anyone living outside the township to be saying they lived there and paid taxes there when they don't. Maybe I am just being to weird about it, but it bugs me. Just saying. Is there anyone else out there that feels this way?

Thanks,
Sc

The wannabes do the same thing around Clear Lake and Sugar Land.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,417,653 times
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Resale values in the Woodlands proper will hold up best so all is well which ends well

Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 PM

Well, to answer your question, it does sort of bug me that the Woodlands does not have it's own school districts. I think it is unfortunate that TW is paying taxes into other districts. I hope that once TW votes in 2014 they can have their own ISDs and that money can be put into TW proper. I think that TW should have there own zip code and be there own city.

It does seem that there are a lot of people claiming to live in TW proper when they do not even live in a village. I do not agree with that.

Sc

Old 02-27-2012, 03:02 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,142,120 times
I liken it to everyone saying they live in Houston. When I talk to people, I say I live in Houston...but I really don't. I live in Atascocita. But generally people don't know where that is (even people who live in Houston ).

Old 02-27-2012, 03:27 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,587,042 times
They are just trying to appear like they are better. A lot of people do that. I had a co worker, which I asked where do you live. She said I live in Spring, I also live in Spring. So i asked where about. She said Rankin Rd. No where near Spring, and actually it's Greenspoint District/Houston.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:29 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,177,372 times
Try telling that to those that live in the Spring/Klein area. it's all the same. Klein isn't a city anymore and the post office closed some time ago. i don think there's anything nefarious about it.

Ronnie

Old 02-27-2012, 03:39 PM

Well I guess I know this person that I spoke with a little to well. (Ex SIL) and there is always some underlying competition on her end. Sigh... I am more than certain that she was being nefarious.

sc

Old 02-27-2012, 04:43 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,993,938 times
Conroe and The Woodlands kind or runs together in a way so that's not too bad and they are right there by each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
They are just trying to appear like they are better. A lot of people do that. I had a co worker, which I asked where do you live. She said I live in Spring, I also live in Spring. So i asked where about. She said Rankin Rd. No where near Spring, and actually it's Greenspoint District/Houston.
Bwahaha! Okay, some people can get a pass if it's decently close proximity but that's not really close to Spring. Close to 1960 but yeah that's still Houston.

Conroe and The Woodlands kind or runs together in a way so that's not too bad and they are right there by each other.

I know a lot of people who run Jersey Village and Cypress together. You live in JV and people say oh you're in Cypress.

People in Stafford claim Sugar Land or Missouri City at least the ones I know because a lot will go huh on Stafford because it's so small and 10 steps one way is SL and 10 the other is MC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston