Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 03:53 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times

Advertisements

In-N-Out changed their mind about Houston....Its no reason we should have 10 to 15 locations and they still havent opened 1 single location in Houston...Timmy chans on every corner must have spooked them out..........and While we're at it...why in the Hell is it a Timmy chans on every corner in Houston? A place thats supposedly known for its grand cuizine food scene...

Timmy Chans= cookie cutter gross!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 07:40 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,241,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
In-N-Out changed their mind about Houston....Its no reason we should have 10 to 15 locations and they still havent opened 1 single location in Houston...Timmy chans on every corner must have spooked them out..........and While we're at it...why in the Hell is it a Timmy chans on every corner in Houston? A place thats supposedly known for its grand cuizine food scene...

Timmy Chans & Carls Jr. are both gross. Whataburger & In-n-Out are decent. I'm surprised there are not more Red Robin's here.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:25 PM
TXT

165 posts, read 238,495 times
Default Is InNout in or out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
I looked up the story. Seems like a non issue. There was no legal mess or embarassment on either side. Underbelly tried to call their burger a "Double-Double" and In-N-Out, which now does business in Texas asked them not to. Underbelly complied. That sort of thing has happened thousands of times.
But things are never as they seem. Go back and read the comments after the related stories. Many felt it was unnecessary to have lawyers 'legal mess' send a cease and desist letter when an executive phone call would have been in better taste. Many commenting on InNOut's behalf made ugly comments toward the Houston chef, which wreaked of jealousy and bitterness towards his extraordinary success, as the legal letter backfired and Shepherd's wit and 'cease and desist' burger response won Shepherd kudos and great press, which disarmed InNOut. Many saw InNOut as overly aggressive toward one of Houston's and America's favorite restaurants and chefs. It just left a bad taste in Houston's mouth toward InNout, that might hinder their opening in Houston. Let's hope not.

Last edited by TXT; 08-14-2013 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: Error: Word Usage

Old 08-14-2013, 08:36 PM

191 posts, read 350,841 times
I want Krystal to move west. I get them when I'm in FL. Can't beat those greasy little squares of mystery meat.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Timmy Chans & Carls Jr. are both gross. Whataburger & In-n-Out are decent. I'm surprised there are not more Red Robin's here.
It depends on which Timmy Chan's you go to. The one on Scott is easily the best and the one on highway 6 is okay too. All of the other ones are gross. They all do it differently.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 PM

8 posts, read 33,874 times
Give me My In-N-Out Animal style!

Old 08-18-2013, 05:49 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,175,701 times
Just cook one on the grill at home. Cheaper and better.

Ronnie

Old 08-18-2013, 12:56 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post

LMAO!

I'm not bummed. Just going by pictures if those burgers look that nasty I'll pass. Houston is already at the top of the food chain on fattest cities. We don't need those greasy, fatty making looking slabs of cow.

Those burgers are so stacked the mouth can only open so wide to take a bite and if you can well....you just might get yourself a business card to some skeezy looking dude wanting to fly you to San Fernando Valley for a shoot.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,966,582 times
There aren't many Timmy Chan's in Houston. I am not even sure there is one in the loop.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:45 PM

675 posts, read 1,453,756 times
I think In n Out decided to build in Round Rock and Cedar Park before coming to Houston...I have no idea why...but at least I can get my In n Out fix 2 hours away instead of 3-4. I just don't understand Whataburger... I have it on the same level as Mcdonalds, BK, and Jack in the box (3rd tier)...Mooyah, Five guys, Smash Burger (2nd. tier)...and of course In n Out as 1st. tier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston