Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you fly United out of Houston?
Will always fly United 5 8.20%
Might fly United 3 4.92%
Neutral, would fly any airline out of Houston 14 22.95%
Might not fly United 24 39.34%
Will never fly United 15 24.59%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:26 PM

312 posts, read 798,045 times

Advertisements

I still think, and I have said this on here and on the Chronicle threads, that other carriers will be more than willing, able and happy to take over any and all gates and routes at IAH that United chooses to abandon. Frankly I would rather fly USAir, which became utterly horrible after the merger with the once-excellent America West, than United, the Bank of America of airlines.

I hope Delta is planning its IAH strategy now. They could really become a force in this market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 06:53 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Delta? Are we serious here. NWIH

Old 06-01-2012, 09:55 PM

4 posts, read 4,856 times
I really hate United and just had a terrible experience flying with them. Their customer service on the phone is really bad. I had a problem with my flight reservation, waited 20 minutes, only to be told the department I reached couldn't help me... so I was transferred to the HOTELS department for some reason, but the rep didn't understand me or listen that well so I didn't find out until 10 minutes later after I had to spell and repeat everything twice.

Edit: I forgot to say that my flight to Montreal was booked through Continental but serviced by Air Canada. Last year, I had no problems checking in at Continental, but this year, United and AC's networks didn't talk at all so their reps had a lot of problems trying to check me in, wherein I was told to go to AC counter and wait in that line, too, and their reps would also have computer problems.

I am definitely in need of a new airline. I liked Continental and still have a lot of frequent flyer miles, which I will probably use and then never fly on United again.

Also, I won't knock on Southwest simply because you can check two bags for free.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:58 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Don't complain. There have been countless major companies that have moved to Houston because we don't have unitary tax laws and no state income tax. United sux, but so did Continental (just less) IMHO. All airlines except a few (Alaska Air comes to mind) suck.

Ronnie
Most US airlines suck, continental was one of the better US airlines. Singapore Airlines, Korean, Emirates etc are some of the best world wide airlines and kick the US ones to the curb rather easily

Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 PM

686 posts, read 1,168,073 times
I loved Continental Before the merger. Now, it sucks.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:08 AM

770 posts, read 1,798,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post
After Houston City Council approved expansion at Hobby Airport, United Airlines immediately said it would cancel routes and eliminate 1,300 jobs in Houston. As we all know, this was probably said in the heat of the moment because United Airlines didn't get its way.

My question to Houstonians, what do you feel about United Airlines now? Even before this incident there has been nothing but negative publicity about United Airlines in Houston. So lets here it Houston, what do you think of United Airlines?
Just out of curiosity, how much bigger is Hobby airport than Dallas Love Field? It seems to me that Hobby is pretty big (i.e. like Chicago's secondary airport, Midway Int'l).

Old 06-02-2012, 12:10 AM

I also heard that Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport was also expanding as well. Can anyone confirm this?? Also, is United Heaquartered out of Houston or just Continental? Anyway, it looks like Houston-George Bush is the fast growing airport in the country. Watch out DFW!! LOL.

Last edited by Newbe10; 06-02-2012 at 12:37 AM..

Old 06-02-2012, 12:46 AM

One more question about Houston-George Bush; Does the train at the airport connect with the light rail system in Houston?

Old 06-02-2012, 01:06 AM

686 posts, read 1,168,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
One more question about Houston-George Bush; Does the train at the airport connect with the light rail system in Houston?
No, Light Rail is in it's infant stage here in Houston and doesn't connect to neither airport.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:10 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,420,931 times
Sad to say, it will be a long time before Metro's light rail system connects with IAH, if ever. I wish it were a higher priority. I think one problem with such a line would be that there is not much demand for intermediate stops, and Metro doesn't seem to be in the mode right now of building long-distance routes, just inside-the-loop-type circulator lines. For the most part, I think that's a reasonable plan. However, I think they should make an exception for service to IAH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston