Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:06 AM

3,283 posts, read 6,054,392 times

Advertisements

I guess I just can't put my mind around it, but I have a hard time understanding how people equate the push for gay rights as the "PC movement." Were the rights for black people and native Americans a PC push? Or if this different because it is a religious argument?

How is pushing for more freedom and equality killing America? I'd say the hate, the caustic tone our elected politicians have for each other and their own people is what is killing us. But that is a whole other argument

You have the right to your opinion and your own actions. People who will no longer eat at Chick-fil-a have their right. You should be supportive of them having that right, because if they lose it you may be next

Old 07-26-2012, 10:06 AM

799 posts, read 2,442,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
there are numerous restaurants and food trucks in the Houston area that have voiced their support for the GLBT population and their rights. there are also numerous restaurants/eatiers owned by gay people. Have you been to one of these? How'd you like the food? Barnaby's offers a great hamburger
My realtor owns a country cooking type place, and its amazing, but I dont think his preference in life partners has anything to do with it. He's also a conservative, so let that blow your mind.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:07 AM

3,283 posts, read 6,054,392 times
Good for him and good you like the place. That post was regarding a persons comments asking about a pro-gay food place that is tasty

Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,740,597 times
Some people take their internets too seriously

Old 07-26-2012, 10:14 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,351,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Not me. I won't shop there, either.

In 50 years, the people defending Chick-Fil-A will look just like the people who defended segregation. On the wrong side of history.
That's an idiotic stretch.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:18 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,830,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossa View Post
So, Topaz, anyone who believes in traditional marriage is an enemy in your eyes?
First of all, why do Biblical literalists pick the "one man and one woman" verse but ignore the verses about multiple wives, stoning brides who aren't virgins, allowing men to have multiple concubines, requiring widows to marry the brother of their dead husband, etc. Why do "traditionalists" insist on following some verses and ignoring others?

But that aside, your religious beliefs should not be allowed to deny civil rights to other people. You don't like same sex marriage? Fine, marry whomever you want. But don't deny that right to other people based on your religion that not everyone shares. Their marriage IN NO WAY threatens your marriage.

There are significant ramifications for denying people marriage or civil unions, many of them financial and some of them psychological. It is wrong.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,366,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
If they started serving their chicken biscuits all day. They're so addictive they should be illegal.
Damn, this is soooo true. Their chicken biscuits are too good. I used to risk being late for work when my cravings were too great. Wish they sold them all day!

Old 07-26-2012, 10:26 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,810,689 times
Quote:
First of all, why do Biblical literalists pick the "one man and one woman" verse but ignore the verses about multiple wives, stoning brides who aren't virgins, allowing men to have multiple concubines, requiring widows to marry the brother of their dead husband, etc. Why do "traditionalists" insist on following some verses and ignoring others?

But that aside, your religious beliefs should not be allowed to deny civil rights to other people. You don't like same sex marriage? Fine, marry whomever you want. But don't deny that right to other people based on your religion that not everyone shares. Their marriage IN NO WAY threatens your marriage.

There are significant ramifications for denying people marriage or civil unions, many of them financial and some of them psychological. It is wrong.
I couldn't have expressed this any better. Thanks

Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 AM

103 posts, read 136,316 times
Quote:

Wow this is a word for word copy and paste from comments from a left wing news site. Not that I disagree with you, but this has about as much original thought as a weed-based message board.

One thing I do agree with, comparing the gay struggle to the black struggle is idiotic. One example, two gay guys earning power nowadays is as good as you can possibly get. Its why SF is unaffordable for anyone else.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,830,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illủmiñatex View Post
Wow this is a word for word copy and paste from comments from a left wing news site. Not that I disagree with you, but this has about as much original thought as a weed-based message board.
I have said this elsewhere. Perhaps they copied me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston