Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCzar View Post
What I do however have a problem with is people thinking sin is acceptable.
All of us agree with on that,
the problem is that some people want to write laws with a few sins that they don't like.

BTW, Jesus told us that we are all sinners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,758,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCzar View Post
Good point. It's not always easy and many people struggle. What we should be doing is loving the sinner, hating the sin. So scripture therefore tells us to love the homosexual and hate the act. Therefore what I propose is that we love the homosexual by showing them what they are doing is wrong and has awful consequences and rehabiliate them be teaching them about how Jesus died for them and they too can have everlasting life by believing in him. Now that's love. Who's with me??
Rehabilitate them? How you can rehabilitate something that cant be helped? Homosexuality is not a choice. I have some friends who are Christian and gay who spent their entire teenage years pray to God to make them not gay. To look at them and tell them they are choosing that is insulting.

Ive always wondered what the fundamentalist Christian view on that is. Do they believe that God created gay people just so they could burn in hell? Is God calling them to abstinence? Does God want them to live a lie and enter into a heterosexual relationship?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,830,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post

Ive always wondered what the fundamentalist Christian view on that is. Do they believe that God created gay people just so they could burn in hell? Is God calling them to abstinence? Does God want them to live a lie and enter into a heterosexual relationship?
Fundamentalists believe you can "pray away the gay," undergo therapy to become straight, live a life of miserable pretend heterosexuality, or just be abstinent.

FYI - The American Psychological Association says that it is unethical to offer therapy to cure homosexuality because it doesn't work.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:59 PM

25 posts, read 59,761 times
"How you can rehabilitate something that cant be helped?"

The first step is admitting you have a problem... thank you San Diego, good night.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 AM

2,628 posts, read 8,835,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddamiv View Post
"How you can rehabilitate something that cant be helped?"

The first step is admitting you have a problem... thank you San Diego, good night.
Thank you for that pearl of wisdom. Words escape me to express how insightful it is.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Fundamentalists believe you can "pray away the gay," undergo therapy to become straight, live a life of miserable pretend heterosexuality, or just be abstinent.
If it works, they need to come up with "pray away the corruption" to make our politicians stop stealing our money.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:21 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post

FYI - The American Psychological Association says that it is unethical to offer therapy to cure homosexuality because it doesn't work.
Like addictions of all sorts - curing them is impossible. Once a person becomes addicted ..to say...getting perfectly sensual and intensely thrilling oral sex..expertly performed by a passionate pleaser...they become hooked on it...cos' it feels so good..like the after effects of a heroine injection. Personally...as a 17 year old male..the first intense love affair with a young woman started like this..I was a virgin 17 year old and my first sex was with her...The second experience was oral and twice as intense.

From then on I would say it would have been pretty difficult for any professional therapy to cure me what I found to be highly pleasureful. This is coming from a straight male..if getting good head was a problem - I wonder if the American Psychological Association would find it unethical to rid me of this addiction? Now- if my first experience had been with a male and it was the male giving oral sex..and I found it pleasureful ...and of course I became addicted to that pleasure...would it be unethical for professional mental health experts to rid me of the pleasure..

This is the point I am getting at. Human beings like to receive rewards..pleasure seeking is part of our nature...This seeking of pleasure can lead to unethical behavior..Too cure homosexuals of their gayness...is impossible- What human being among us is willing to give up FEELING GOOD...?

Which brings me to another point...Why would it be different for a gay male who adores a female..to get oral from that female ? AND why would the gay male not find pleasure in it? I have often wondered this..I can see how a gay male may be afraid to penetrate a female..but what about oral? SEX is intercourse..between a female and a male..That is a definition that has existed since time began...Oral is not sex...Maybe....of they want to "pray away the gay"....might it be possible to blow away the gay?

Just a constructive suggestion to Christians who want to cure gays....slightly sarcastic but it may have some merit.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:31 AM

I see it more from the "falling in love" point of view.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:34 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Like addictions of all sorts - curing them is impossible. Once a person becomes addicted ..to say...getting perfectly sensual and intensely thrilling oral sex..expertly performed by a passionate pleaser...they become hooked on it...cos' it feels so good..like the after effects of a heroine injection. Personally...as a 17 year old male..the first intense love affair with a young woman started like this..I was a virgin 17 year old and my first sex was with her...The second experience was oral and twice as intense.

From then on I would say it would have been pretty difficult for any professional therapy to cure me what I found to be highly pleasureful. This is coming from a straight male..if getting good head was a problem - I wonder if the American Psychological Association would find it unethical to rid me of this addiction? Now- if my first experience had been with a male and it was the male giving oral sex..and I found it pleasureful ...and of course I became addicted to that pleasure...would it be unethical for professional mental health experts to rid me of the pleasure..

This is the point I am getting at. Human beings like to receive rewards..pleasure seeking is part of our nature...This seeking of pleasure can lead to unethical behavior..Too cure homosexuals of their gayness...is impossible- What human being among us is willing to give up FEELING GOOD...?

Which brings me to another point...Why would it be different for a gay male who adores a female..to get oral from that female ? AND why would the gay male not find pleasure in it? I have often wondered this..I can see how a gay male may be afraid to penetrate a female..but what about oral? SEX is intercourse..between a female and a male..That is a definition that has existed since time began...Oral is not sex...Maybe....of they want to "pray away the gay"....might it be possible to blow away the gay?

Just a constructive suggestion to Christians who want to cure gays....slightly sarcastic but it may have some merit.
Just hope that gays and Christians don't find this offensive...I personally found the idea kind of funny..that the cure to gay may lay in Christian woman marrying gay males and re-addicting them to a pleasure source that is more natural and in keeping with tradition...unless some Christians consider oral sex to be a horrific sin?....Once the gay male becomes accustomed to getting pleasure from a woman rather than a male...They may be well into being cured of the former addiction.

BUT there is the problem of sexism...similar to racism..Gays have a prejudice against females...and Christian woman have a prejudice against so-called homo-sexuals..You can pray all you want but if you are not willing to do the work there will be no results...God helps those who help themselves...Prayer is pretty much useless in this case. Those Christians that are so concerned with helping gays had better make a real effort and put their money where their mouth is.....I can hear the mods coming now...no pun intended.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:37 AM

684 posts, read 825,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
that sandwich looks pretty huge.. the price is actually cheap for that!
Two chicken breasts? That's incredible. The only thing that would make it more incredible would be a few rashers of bacon and some Mexicana cheese, a side of poutine and banoffee pie for dessert.

We'd call it, "The best damn English-speaking dinner on the planet."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston