Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 01:07 PM

13 posts, read 16,820 times

Advertisements

I moved to Cross Creek Ranch and noticed that City of Fulshear is charging a Trash and Garbage Disposal fee. My friends in Cinco Ranch and Pine Mill Ranch are unaware of any such charges by Katy.

Are those communities getting the trash fee waived or something? Also, they seem to be having two days of trash service whereas in CCR its just one day of trash pickup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 02:12 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,265,276 times
Default Water bill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulshear View Post
I moved to Cross Creek Ranch and noticed that City of Fulshear is charging a Trash and Garbage Disposal fee. My friends in Cinco Ranch and Pine Mill Ranch are unaware of any such charges by Katy.

Are those communities getting the trash fee waived or something? Also, they seem to be having two days of trash service whereas in CCR its just one day of trash pickup.
Sometimes it is included in the water bill, you might check. It is not free, the city is passing on the cost. When I lived in Katy (proper), it was noted as a sanitation fee, or something to that.

I don't think Cinco is in Katy proper, so maybe the HOA takes care of it?

Old 04-09-2015, 02:59 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,771,273 times
It's usually part of the HOA dues if it's not part of the water bill.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:33 PM

223 posts, read 261,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulshear View Post

CCR is a different animal from Cinco/ PMR as it has MUDs but exists within an incorporated City. So that the MUDs only handle infrastructure construction and finance, while the City bills for trash pickup and water billing (unfortunately these are separate). Another interesting fact, the City rebates a portion of the City property taxes paid by CCR residents to the MUD, per the original development agreement.

Those other neighborhoods are in unincorporated FB county and thus must provide/contract their own water, trash, police, etc. How they bill I don't know.

1x vs. 2x/ week trash pickup is a decision of the city...take it up with the council if you want it changed. And if you don't like the answer, vote on May 9th for a new council. But you need to be registered by today (April 9) to vote on May 9.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:06 PM

13 posts, read 16,820 times
Hmm.... I guess I don't understand MUD and city incorporation.
But in the end what I am thinking is Cinco/PMR are having trash services included in HOA and in CCR we have to pay extra fee in addition to HOA. Is my assumption correct or am I missing something?

Old 04-10-2015, 03:14 AM

223 posts, read 261,780 times
Not an extra fee. You're paying for the same services in any neighborhood, just a matter of who bills it and amount may vary slightly

Old 04-10-2015, 05:53 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,019,017 times
Last two neighborhoods I lived in had trash included in the annual HOA dues.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:42 PM

16 posts, read 31,817 times
We moved to CCR earlier this year from Cinco NW. The trash fee at Cinco was included in the water bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: