Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,052 times

Advertisements

I am planning to buy a lakeview lot in Lake Livingston on the west side directly south of 190. It is mainly for investment purpose as I have no real intention of building a house there really. I'm getting around .8 acres lakeview (not lakefront) for right under $60K. Is this a good investment idea? Thanks for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by konisi View Post
I am planning to buy a lakeview lot in Lake Livingston on the west side directly south of 190. It is mainly for investment purpose as I have no real intention of building a house there really. I'm getting around .8 acres lakeview (not lakefront) for right under $60K. Is this a good investment idea? Thanks for all your help!
Since I have no real knowledge, take this with a tenth of a grain of salt, but that sounds way too high to me.

Additionally, what is lakeview? Is it lakeview until somebody builds in front of your view or plant trees that mature in front of your view?

For all I know, that might be good, but it just doesn't sound like it.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,052 times
thanks for your input. well the lot sits on top of the hill so i presume it will have a decent view of the lake even if other houses get built in front of it. i felt it sounded a bit high to me as well but agent is saying good things. This is a new gated community that is coming up so the land has been cleared, etc. do you have investment property in lake livingston? i basically have a good amount of cash that I wanted to invest in instead of just getting no interest in the bank. is there anything else good in and around houston area to invest in.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by konisi View Post
thanks for your input. well the lot sits on top of the hill so i presume it will have a decent view of the lake even if other houses get built in front of it. i felt it sounded a bit high to me as well but agent is saying good things. This is a new gated community that is coming up so the land has been cleared, etc. do you have investment property in lake livingston? i basically have a good amount of cash that I wanted to invest in instead of just getting no interest in the bank. is there anything else good in and around houston area to invest in.
"Gated community" and on a hill help explain the asking price a little more, IMHO.

I've been thinking about investing in some land as well. My thought process has been going more towards land, not residential lots, on the outskirts of some of Houston's further suburban areas. What was farmland 10 years ago are subdivisions, Home Depots and hospital parking lots today. I'm looking to bet my money on a few acres along a 2 lane street that I think might become a 4 lane thoroughfare in 15 years are so.

I live in Huffman/Crosby. A few years back I was entertaining the idea of buying some land on or close to 2100 to build a storage facility. I contacted a guy who owned a good bit of frontage who was also a realtor. He was buying that land 15 or so years ago for about $10,000 an acre. That frontage is now going for about $120,000 an acre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston