Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 11:53 AM

108 posts, read 199,557 times

Advertisements

OP must like his women big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 12:10 PM

568 posts, read 1,129,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newton22 View Post
OP must like his women big.
LMBO. I was waiting for this.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:55 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,018,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I think climate has something to do with it but I think its because women in Houston watch their figure more. Its hot down here, which means less clothing and more skin. So women will exercise or watch their diet more so they dont show 2 much flab.

Northeast women dont care about their figure as much. They are constantly in the cold so they were wear lots of clothes.

Lets be honest latin women are just simply hot especially the mixed ones. Mixed women in general are pretty hot.

I like how women dress down out out here in Houston. They show off alot of natural beauty.
I've found the women in Houston to be generally thicker and fuller than women from other cities. And I don't mean fat, they just don't look unhealthy and awfully skinny like girls in NYC and LA.

I can tell you this there are a lot of girls here in LA that are either too fit or too skinny.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:00 PM

561 posts, read 972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Thats the first thing I noticed when I arrived here in Houston was that the people here arent snobby at all.

What would make Houston a world class city?
Houston would be a world class city if it had what most other world class cities have. Decent public transportation, international tourist destinations, more cohesive development and industrial layout rather than urban sprawl, and distinct communities and neighborhoods instead of far flung MPC's or a mash of small nucleus areas that run into each other, Houston also tends to get pushed out of the national spotlight despite its size. Aesthetic beauty and humid weather isn't exactly a strong suit either.

Another thing Houston needs to stop comparing itself to other cities in Texas and focus on comparing itself to other cities across the country and the world.

But the real question is... Does Houston really want to or even care to be a world class city? Many people on this forum and around town will tell you that they were able to afford a great home, have a stable job, have things to do on weekends that fit their hobbies and can live comfortably. So to those folks, it really doesn't matter what the outer world thinks. And this is what goes along with having folks that aren't snobby, they do what pleases them and what they like and if you want to join great! if not then bye! Its a mix of ignorance is bliss coupled with do what you love, love what you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
Actually, the city is well known for food quality and food diversity. But you're entitled to your opinion.
Really? What are we the absolute best in? What food could you say that Houston is famous for around the country.

I agree with the food diversity though nobody can top our variety and quantity of the ethnic foods that Houston offers.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:54 PM

108 posts, read 199,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OducksFTW! View Post
Really? What are we the absolute best in? What food could you say that Houston is famous for around the country.
TexMex maybe?

I for one, while enjoy some great food once in a while, find the eating habits of Houstonians to be somewhat repulsive. People here can't stop eating.

I also don't really care for the women here. I like my women petite. Most people here would define a size 4-6 as too slim here. I would define that as normal and fit.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:05 PM

213 posts, read 388,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
The great thing about those beautiful women is that they're actually nice and approachable unlike other cities where there tends they tend to be a bit more reserved.

Texas women are gorgeous, absolutely stunning. The only thing LA women have over Houston girls is maybe style at best. Girls are really stylish in LA and wear stuff really well, but they're not drop dead over the top as beautiful as Houston girls.
This might be true in certain areas but not all. From Memorial to River Oaks down to West U. Houston women out dress LA any day. LA has stylists where the women borrow outfit, while in Houston the women go pay full retail there isn't any borrowing here. Papercity magazine has proof of this.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:06 PM

95 posts, read 170,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejamiller View Post
LMBO. I was waiting for this.
HAHA me too. But it's not a bad thing, everyone has their preferences

Old 09-24-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostOak5115 View Post
This might be true in certain areas but not all. From Memorial to River Oaks down to West U. Houston women out dress LA any day. LA has stylists where the women borrow outfit, while in Houston the women go pay full retail there isn't any borrowing here. Papercity magazine has proof of this.
I would say Houston has style but I wouldn't say its eclectic or creative. It's certainly not in the same category of LA or NYC. It has its own flavor but its a more urban professional style mixed with southern prep. A mix of Southern, San Francsico, Boston and a dash of Miami and Vegas.

This might be wrong to say but I just couldn't see white girls dressing the same as black or Hispanic girls in Houston. The looks vary largely by race with ethinic people pushing the bar. Women, especially white women of the upper classes in those areas you mentioned dress really nice but there's nothing eclectic about it. For one they all match, lol. They just look really nice not fierce.

Even with the men here in LA white men dress in a style I could only see ethinic men do in Houston for the most part.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:03 PM

213 posts, read 388,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I would say Houston has style but I wouldn't say its eclectic or creative. It's certainly not in the same category of LA or NYC. It has its own flavor but its a more urban professional style mixed with southern prep. A mix of Southern, San Francsico, Boston and a dash of Miami and Vegas.

This might be wrong to say but I just couldn't see white girls dressing the same as black or Hispanic girls in Houston. The looks vary largely by race with ethinic people pushing the bar. Women, especially white women of the upper classes in those areas you mentioned dress really nice but there's nothing eclectic about it. For one they all match, lol. They just look really nice not fierce.

Even with the men here in LA white men dress in a style I could only see ethinic men do in Houston for the most part.
I would say Houston mixes both the east and the west coast with a mix of latin and of course southern roots.

A lot of fashion designers such as Oscar De La Renta, Zac Posen, Naeem Khan, and Andrew Gn, are quite enamored with Houston women's style. They like the fact that Houston women don't take themselves to seriously. Houston women don't need stylists or second opinions it's all on their own style.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:11 PM

Well one thing can be said is that Houston style is very professional. When I went to San Francsico it reminded me a bit of Houston's style in the sense that its sleek, urban yet at the same time it also has a kick of southern/western.

It's not trying too hard to be avante garde or push buttons. Its a very secure style that doesn't take a whole lot of time to figure out or get all hoity about. I do like Inner loop Houston style.

Outside the loop though, with the exception of Sugarland and the woodlands, the style is pretty gaudy and a bit tacky. The mix of cross shirts, torn up jeans and cowboy boots, Brighton bags and big turquoise jewelery, topped off with out of style bleached blonde short haircuts just doesn't do it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston