Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 08:39 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,410,575 times

Advertisements

To me that would be the main difference. Not the traffick. Actually I would look for a deal among the older homes near the I-10 near Fry, Westgreen or Mason.
77077 does not have as good of infrastructure. Get this... Your money will go farther in 77450 and the repairs will be less. I know 77077 very well and I guarantee that foundation problems will be a much larger concern in that zip code. I dont know if anyone has told you about the foundation problems that exist here in Texas but I would be much more concerned with that than traffick. If it's a rental you wont be living in it so someone else will worry about traffick. Both zip codes will appreciate at about the same rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 08:42 AM

15,406 posts, read 7,468,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelpitlikeiseeit View Post
buyer beware of 14307 chevy chase dr houston texas 77077 listed with Lourdes Codina Keller Williams Energy Corridor. Not disclosing a registered sex offender is 3 houses down. This is in the briarvillage subdivision! Repairs done by illegal workers.
There is no requirement to disclose that a sex offender lives in the neighborhood. This is a ridiculous post.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:58 AM

10 posts, read 11,332 times
I’m more interested in the fact that a person revived a 6 year old dead thread to make that claim. Also I would like to know what the original poster ended up doing. Did they move to Houston or Katy? Are they happy with their decision?

Old 09-14-2019, 09:25 AM

Default Sex offender???

That neighbor on Chevy Chase never even touched anyone. He did that 28 years ago and has done nothing since then. That sex offender registry is a joke. I've seen people on there who urinated in public or a 70 year old man who when he was 18 year old had a 15 year old girlfriend 50 years ago. Many on that registry never even touched anyone. They looked at pictures. Yes, I had an old friend who impregnated a 15 year old when he was 19. This occurred in 1982. He was on the list until 2005 when he eventually killed himself. He had been treated like a Jew in Nazi Germany or like someone with leprosy. People would shun him and even get hostile towards him because they saw him on the computer. It creates a completely ridiculous moral panic. Unless the offender is an actuall threat to their neighbors they shouldn't be on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
There is no requirement to disclose that a sex offender lives in the neighborhood. This is a ridiculous post.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:26 PM

82 posts, read 68,971 times
Property values in 77077 have become ridiculously overpriced during the last 4 years. Institutional investors and unscrupulous realtors have a part to play in this. There are so many properties priced at values they just aren’t worth in reality especially the older homes built in the late 60s/early 70s south of Briar Forest around Whittington and Dairy Ashford. I don’t see any logic in paying such a premium price for an old dump located in far west Houston, neighborhoods like Briar Village are a good example of this.

The Energy Corridor proper is actually located within 77079, not 77077. If you look at the Energy Corridor District map boundaries, only a small fraction is in 77077. Uneducated and unethical real estate agents are constantly misleading consumers to believe everything in 77077 is Energy Corridor, that’s simply not true especially the areas south of Briar Forest that have nothing to do with the Energy Corridor. Nobody referred those areas as the “energy corridor” even back in the early to mid 2000s.

77077 is not the Energy Corridor, it’s far West Houston. Just because it’s in close proximity to the Energy Corridor doesn’t make it the Energy Corridor. By the way, the real Energy Corridor was actually in downtown Houston before Oil and Gas companies decided to move their offices to the suburbs.

Last edited by Burnley; 09-14-2019 at 12:45 PM..

Old 09-14-2019, 12:38 PM

Default Energy Corridor

You mentioned the "Energy Corridor" Can you please explain the boundaries of "The Memorial Area" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnley View Post
Property values in 77077 have increased at a ridiculous rate during the last 4 years. Institutional investors and unscrupulous realtors have a part to play in this. There are so many properties priced at values they just aren’t worth in reality especially the older homes built in the late 60s/early 70s south of Briar Forest around Whittington and Dairy Ashford. I don’t see any logic in paying such a premium for an old dump located in far west Houston - especially homes in Briar Village.

The Energy Corridor proper is actually located within 77079, not 77077. If you look at the Energy Corridor District map boundaries, only a fraction is in 77077. Uneducated and unethical real estate agents are constantly misleading consumers to believe everything in 77077 is Energy Corridor, that’s simply not true.

77077 is not the Energy Corridor, it’s far West Houston. Just because it’s in close proximity to the Energy Corridor doesn’t make it the Energy Corridor. BTW the “real” Energy Corridor was actually in downtown Houston before Oil and Gas companies decided to move their offices to the suburbs.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:57 PM

82 posts, read 68,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
You mentioned the "Energy Corridor" Can you please explain the boundaries of "The Memorial Area" ?
77079 area extends from west of BW8/Ih-10 to Highway 6.

Energy Corridor proper is between Dairy Ashford and Highway 6 centered around the IH-10 west corridor.

Memorial area starts in the area just west of BW8/IH-10 (north of the Buffalo bayou) and extends east towards Voss Road.

Just because Memorial drive ends at highway 6 doesn’t mean that area is also a part of Memorial. West of Wilcrest is not the Memorial area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston