Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2014, 02:05 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times

Advertisements

Are there places where I can rent an Acura MDX and an Infinti QX60 or JX for several days? I've narrowed it down to buying one if these 2 vehicles and would like to test them out for more than just a test drive. I have kids in car seats and would really like to see daily activity with these vehicles.

Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 03:31 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,298,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Are there places where I can rent an Acura MDX and an Infinti QX60 or JX for several days? I've narrowed it down to buying one if these 2 vehicles and would like to test them out for more than just a test drive. I have kids in car seats and would really like to see daily activity with these vehicles.

Suggestions?
I have rented the infinity Q or J series at National locations outside of Houston this year. I have friends who received similar vehicles at Hobby or Iah airport. National is more like pick your own vehicle if you are executive/elite or emerald club member. I believe Hertz would have them too but you can call and check.

I have never seen Acura MDX available for rental. It would be nice though.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:36 PM

833 posts, read 1,886,584 times
Tell the dealer to send you home on an extended test drive for a couple of days if they want you to buy the vehicle.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:46 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,873,209 times
I don't think Honda sells to any rental fleets. I've never seen Hondas the times I've rented. Might have to get in with a dealer and see if you can take an extended test drive over a Sat-Mon. to try it out.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:27 AM

2,016 posts, read 3,523,041 times
Yeah see if the dealer has a demo unit they can loan you over the weekend. I'll be shopping a new SUV this year too... I'm liking the QX60 over the MDX right now. The QX60 seems more spacious and the MDX seems a bit small. Anyways, here's a comparison test on Edmunds.com:

2014 Acura MDX vs. 2014 Infiniti QX60 vs. 2013 Lexus RX 350 F Sport Comparison Test on Edmunds.com

Old 02-27-2014, 07:18 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
Yeah see if the dealer has a demo unit they can loan you over the weekend. I'll be shopping a new SUV this year too... I'm liking the QX60 over the MDX right now. The QX60 seems more spacious and the MDX seems a bit small. Anyways, here's a comparison test on Edmunds.com:

2014 Acura MDX vs. 2014 Infiniti QX60 vs. 2013 Lexus RX 350 F Sport Comparison Test on Edmunds.com
Thanks. I've looked at every website I could that compares the 2, I've watched youtube video comparisons and reviews of both cars, and I've test driven both several times. I've played with seats, the adjustments, the radio, folding the seats, and whatnot in both cars. Right when I think I've decided on one - the other model pulls me away with some little advantange. And it goes back and forth.

It will most likely come down to packages and who can get me the best deal. And that might end up be the Infiniti because I currently have a lease owned by Nissan/Infiniti. Decisions, Decisions.

I love to drive, and the way the car feels and drives is important to me - which is why the MDX always tends to hedge out front. I have to consider that it will require Premium gas, and I'm not sure about the touch screen for everything console. But I think I can get a better deal on the Qx60 money wise. And I currently drive a CVT Nissan Quest - so that type of engine doesn't bother me.

Last edited by lhafer; 02-27-2014 at 07:29 AM..

Old 02-27-2014, 07:21 AM

847 posts, read 1,752,002 times
as others have stated, just ask the dealership to do a bailment for the weekend.... or even for a day.

i asked the dealership to let me take my Explorer home to see how it fit in my garage, while i was there, i put my rear facing car seat in the car. opened up the liftgate to make sure it wouldn't hit the garage door, and really picked it apart and fiddled with all the bells and whistles without a saleman next to me.....

if you rent a car, chances are it may not have the options you want for the vehicle you actually want to purchase....it'll be better to take the actual model with options you are looking at purchasing.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:37 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,973,624 times
Show them you are a serious buyer, they ll be happy to put you in a car for the weekend.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:05 PM

246 posts, read 895,192 times
You can't drive the new car home without insurance and registration?

Old 03-01-2014, 08:39 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,298,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
You can't drive the new car home without insurance and registration?
unless you are a dealer or u work at the dealership. If you have those dealership number plates you can basically slap them on any vehicle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston