Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:29 AM

504 posts, read 1,151,068 times

Advertisements

Do not pay the ticket. Get a lawyer sprecher or sullo. In fact, you should get notices from them in the mail.

You'll pay $75, they'll tell you when to show and more than likely you'll walk out of the court house with nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 09:50 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,034,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
By the time you see the Police they have already clocked your speed so you were speeding when they clocked you which was well before you saw them.

Pay the ticket and slow down.
If you read what the O.P. wrote, they slowed down to 65 from.....68.

I wouldn't have even slowed down for that. This is just 1 more reason to get a "funky" color for your car that wouldn't ever be confused for another car.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:08 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,659,230 times
I didn't get the memo that Texas is a police state until after I moved there from California, either.

FWIW, I got pulled over more times in the one year I lived in Texas than I did in the 16+ years I lived in Florida and California.

Welcome to Texas.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:53 PM

125 posts, read 206,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
I didn't get the memo that Texas is a police state until after I moved there from California, either.

FWIW, I got pulled over more times in the one year I lived in Texas than I did in the 16+ years I lived in Florida and California.

Welcome to Texas.
Houston is far from being a police state, we don't even have red light cameras like San Francisco and most Californian cities have. A red-light violation in SF will run you $490. And most common infractions there costs about $500 big ones.

Soaring fines give ticketed drivers sticker shock - SFGate

As far as helping the OP. You can also try Kubosh & Associates he charges about $40 per ticket. (He might be the cheapest)

Old 06-23-2014, 08:32 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,034,474 times
Quote:

Welcome to Texas.
How many more times were you pulled over in Texas?

Old 06-23-2014, 09:48 PM

29 posts, read 44,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
You do realize that it's somewhat dangerous when the flow of traffic around you is all doing much higher than 65 mph right?
I had just gotten onto the freeway, I was not speeding. I know there must have been some confusion with the cops... It was the Dodge.... I keep playing the scenario over and over. I have been driving for about 13 years and never once have I gotten stopped, ever. I don't speed. It was about 7:30ish or so in the am and everyone was pretty calm on the freeway.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:18 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,659,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajf32902 View Post
I had just gotten onto the freeway, I was not speeding. I know there must have been some confusion with the cops... It was the Dodge.... I keep playing the scenario over and over. I have been driving for about 13 years and never once have I gotten stopped, ever. I don't speed. It was about 7:30ish or so in the am and everyone was pretty calm on the freeway.
Texans generally dislike Californians in the same respect people from GA/SC/NC dislike New Yorkers/New Englanders, so they'll look for any excuse.

Should've moved to Arizona or Colorado instead.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:42 PM

125 posts, read 206,471 times
8to32charactrers

This is some of what you have written, there is a lot more but I just got bored reading.

1 "Texas is a Police state"
2 "Texans dislike Californians"
3 "fracking-induced earthquakes in Fort Worth"
4 "Houston have the *most uncomfortable* summers of any metro area in the US"
5 "Every major city in the Northeast, West, and South/Central Florida plus Chicago, Minneapolis-St. Paul is better that Houston"
6 "scenery of Phoenix is much more alluring than the scenery of the Houston area"
7 "Texas *now* has the worst license plate of any state in the nation, hands down"
8 "Houston--dirty, poor air quality, high crime, lots of ghetto areas, lack of emphasis on fitness/nutrition, no one cares about nature, too many religious zealots, lots of covert racism, bad roads"
9 "Houston's warts--dirty, polluted, no zoning, poor road conditions, ghetto/redneck culture, high humidity, hurricanes, etc.--are more highly visible than those of the other TX cities"

I don't know what happened to you in Houston, whatever it was it must have been something horrible.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:00 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,566,806 times
Quote:

Welcome to Texas.
Not sure where in California you lived, but all over LA County here we have checkpoints for DUI's. I applaud that since I don't drive drunk and my aunt was killed by one, but that is something way more police stateish than Texas allows.

Also we do have speed traps all over LA. Luckily they are almost always in the same areas and I know of the one on my way to work. It's a road that looks like a freeway but the limit is 40 (Pac. Coast Hwy.). My coworkers have almost all gotten tickets on that one.

Houston did have a few of those (That bridge on Shepherd coming south out of the heights area), but I rarely saw them in Houston. Here in LA they pretty much set up shop and get any unfamiliar drivers.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:38 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
You do realize that it's somewhat dangerous when the flow of traffic around you is all doing much higher than 65 mph right?
You do know it doesn't matter to the police officer who is writing you the ticket right?
I didn't say it wasn't dangerous, I said he was clocked well before HE saw the officer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I had a situation where I was "clocked" at about 15 mph faster than I was going.

I was speeding. I was doing 80 in a 65. When I was pulled over, I was all ready to sign the ticket and move on with my day until I saw he had me "clocked" at 98. My car would fall apart into a million pieces if I attempted to do 98.

I don't know what happened in my case to ********** up, but I can tell you from experience that it's not a 100% accurate system.

I also did not say the system is 100% accurate and I know from first hand experience it isn't.
Again, all I said was the original poster was clocked for speeding well before HE saw the police officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston