Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 05:28 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,972,924 times

Advertisements

I went to the one on Shepherd one time. It was horrible. Ghetto people working and ghetto clientele. I like the Marquee much better, but I go to a small hardcore gym now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 09:30 PM

366 posts, read 798,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
I went to the one on Shepherd one time. It was horrible. Ghetto people working and ghetto clientele. I like the Marquee much better, but I go to a small hardcore gym now.
Marquee is way more ghetto than Shepherd. Plus, all the machines are in working order. At Marquee, you get dbags yelling and dropping weights like idiots. The locker room is a great place to lose weight at the Marquee, since everytime you go in there you have to puke. It's rancid and they don't care. At least on Shepherd, they fix and clean.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:16 AM

1,574 posts, read 2,972,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouslaughter View Post
Marquee is way more ghetto than Shepherd. Plus, all the machines are in working order. At Marquee, you get dbags yelling and dropping weights like idiots. The locker room is a great place to lose weight at the Marquee, since everytime you go in there you have to puke. It's rancid and they don't care. At least on Shepherd, they fix and clean.
I was referring to the people who go and work there. Even though, the facility is much smaller on Shepherd, I am sure it is fine.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,948 times
It's going to be a "Premier" location. And FYI as of July 27 2015, there isn't even a building for this site yet. They are saying December, but they lied to me 3 months ago about what building it would be in, and when it would be ready. I am guessing this facility won't be ready until March 2016 at the earliest.

Be very careful when dealing with LA Fitness memberships, they regularly use very deceptive tactics, and are not afraid to lie to get you to sign a contract.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:07 AM

366 posts, read 798,943 times
Looks like they finally poured concrete. I'm not positive that's what it's for, but it's right next to Guitar Center. BTW, LA Fitness told people it was going to be ready March 2015. Ha.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,948 times
I just got in contact with them, and I may have to walk-back my criticism, they were actually pretty helpful.
I hear the workers and the landlord are/were having a dispute over some payments, so it's taking longer than they planned. The space right next to guitar center has building permits for World Market. I'll bet the LA Fitness is going to be the foundation they poured next to that.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:55 PM

42 posts, read 101,282 times
Any ETA on this? I am getting tired of of the Silber/Marquee location been using it for years. I live in cottage grove and this is a little farther, but interested in using a new facility. The classes at Marquee kind of suck also. Hoping for better classes.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:00 PM

232 posts, read 464,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe n. View Post
Any ETA on this? I am getting tired of of the Silber/Marquee location been using it for years. I live in cottage grove and this is a little farther, but interested in using a new facility. The classes at Marquee kind of suck also. Hoping for better classes.
The concrete exterior is pretty much complete as is the ramp for the parking lot but the interior has a long way to go. Have you been to the north Shepherd location (north of 610)? That's newer than the one on Silber. Not sure about the classes as I've never taken any but the equipment is decent.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:58 AM

42 posts, read 101,282 times
Any update when the LA Fitness on Yale will open?

Old 08-16-2016, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe n. View Post
Any update when the LA Fitness on Yale will open?
I just got off the phone with LA Fitness Member Services. Their number is 949.255.7200

They cant even pull up this location on their computers, as the address / location doesnt exist yet. The person i spoke with stated that means the site is not scheduled for "pre sale" anytime soon.

There was a comment made by someone on an article regarding the Yale st bridge closure stating there were buried items found while excavating, causing the delay.

It looks like the delay has something to do with the area in front of the store. There is a large ditch that they have been working on for some time. Perhaps there is truth to the buried items rumor.

Either way, i walked up to the front doors Sunday 8/14/16, no equipment inside. The exterior is still nowhere near being finished.

If i had to guess, i would say Spring of 2017 opening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston