Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 04:48 PM

232 posts, read 463,579 times

Advertisements

Did the LA Fitness on Yale Street (near I-10) open yet? If so, does anyone have any reviews of it? I can't find anything on-line. Is it a Signature LA Fitness?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 07:07 PM

366 posts, read 797,760 times
It's not even close to being finished. I'd imagine several more months. Not sure if it's going to be a signature one, but I can't wait for it to open. The one on Silber is dismal and the one in Garden Oaks is way too crowded.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouslaughter View Post
It's not even close to being finished. I'd imagine several more months. Not sure if it's going to be a signature one, but I can't wait for it to open. The one on Silber is dismal and the one in Garden Oaks is way too crowded.
Thank you so much! That's exactly the information I was looking for. I used to go to the one on Silber years ago and went back as a guest a few months ago and agree with you 100%; it's gone way down hill. I'm not surprised the LA Fitness in Garden Oaks is crowded due to the lack of good gyms in the area. I bet a lot of people are anxious for the LA Fitness on Yale to open.

Thanks again for the info!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:35 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,945,456 times
Is that one of the places by the new Sprouts? Still a few months away as construction is still early.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:22 PM

18 posts, read 74,563 times
hopefully it's at least a signature or it's going to be a meat market. I heard that there may be a Lifetime being planned for the area also!

Old 07-24-2014, 08:23 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,699,525 times
It will be a signature for sure if it is in the loop. Excuse to charge you more. I doubt it will be open till next year.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:33 PM

18 posts, read 74,563 times
Just confirmed today with LA fitness. Unfortunately it won't be a signature. There's a huge difference between the two btw. If you haven't been to both or value a higher qualify facility then the signature wouldn't be for you

Old 08-07-2014, 08:04 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,699,525 times
I have been a member of a signature and regular. The difference was basically a swimming pool and a basketball court. I just did not see a big difference. Though I never visited the locker room. I think most people shower at home. I would rather save the 20 dollars a month. This might be my new gym if it is not a signature. I just could not imagine it not being a signature due to the wealth in the area. It will be the only major gym in basically all of the Heights. The closest gym is 24 Hours Midtown. That is the competition. What I love about that 24 hour fitness is no commitment and a decent price.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
I have been a member of a signature and regular. The difference was basically a swimming pool and a basketball court. I just did not see a big difference. Though I never visited the locker room. I think most people shower at home. I would rather save the 20 dollars a month. This might be my new gym if it is not a signature. I just could not imagine it not being a signature due to the wealth in the area. It will be the only major gym in basically all of the Heights. The closest gym is 24 Hours Midtown. That is the competition. What I love about that 24 hour fitness is no commitment and a decent price.
I've been to both as well and the "regular" LA Fitness fitness centers do have a basketball court and swimming pool (e.g. the one at the Marq*e Center). The difference I saw had more to do with the age of the gym so I agree, if it's a new gym then the equipment will be new. The biggest difference besides price is the locker room since more amenities are provided like toiletries, nicer lockers, etc. Hopefully the new LA Fitness on Yale will have brand new equipment which will make all the difference.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:27 AM

366 posts, read 797,760 times
I only go to the Silber LA Fitness only if I have to. That place always has broken equipment and people with no clue about gym etiquette. I drive the extra way to go to the LA Fitness in Garden Oaks. Newer and less broken stuff. Hurry up Yale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston