Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 06:17 PM

9 posts, read 13,645 times

Advertisements

So thanks to you guys, I finally found a nice apartment down here in Clear Lake. Now I need your help again. Any recommendations for clubs, groups or just ways to meet some young people down here. My work has all older people and the Clear Lake meetup group seems to be pretty quiet.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 06:53 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,948,315 times
Yay! Glad you found a nice place. I'd help you with the other stuff, but I'm, um, old.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:20 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
Do you have hobbies? Runner, cyclist, gym? Any inclination to volunteer ? Church?

Old 10-26-2014, 07:55 PM

270 posts, read 405,688 times
It's been a few years for me, but assuming you work within the NASA community, the Gilruth sports leagues are really popular and how a lot of younger people spend their evenings (usually followed up by a few cold ones nearby).

Also, typically the Flight Operations Directorate (astronauts and flight controllers) typically has one of the younger demographics down there and are extremely social. Meet a few of them and it seems there is always a party or get-together to go to.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:57 PM

9 posts, read 13,645 times
I love to play volleyball, I tried checking out some clubs/groups here for vball but I didnt see any. I would like to start going to the gym, but I have never done that before so if theres a group for newbies that would be nice. Volunteering is a good idea, I should look in to that.

I just graduated college, so I just need to get used to the transition.

Thank you!

Old 10-26-2014, 08:46 PM

Stones gym in clear lake is a nice, older gym. They've opened a new place across the street called Iditarod which is basically small group training but it appears to appeal to the younger members. Or maybe one of the ymcas. The one on hwy 3 is nice. This link appears to be clear lake shores which isn't far from clear lake. http://houston.sportsvite.com/cities...lake-shores-tx

Old 10-27-2014, 09:57 AM

254 posts, read 464,342 times
Check out Crossfit. Young people seem to gravitate to that.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohMD View Post
Clear Lake has become a blue collar neighborhood. It could become part of the ghetto within the next 5 years.
Lol clear lake has not become a blue collar neighborhood. Clear lake is comprised of many neighborhoods from reasonable priced to very upper end. That's a good one. Although I rarely see blue collar workers in the ghetto either. I think of ghetto as high crime and unemoyed areas. Blue collar workers often have good paying, although laborious jobs. Sounds a bit snooty to me. Just because someone works in blue collar doesn't make you any better or smarter. Just means you chose a different path in life or took advantage of opportunities you had.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:40 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohMD View Post
Clear Lake is no Woodlands, Riverstone, River Oaks, or Sienna Plantation Village of Bees Creek.
I can't believe you lumped River Oaks in with those.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:45 AM

It's a different community built in a different time. It's not one giant mpc, thank God, but many different neighborhoods with a great sense of community. It has a uniqueness. Some like that while others prefer an everything looks similar and matched as in some of the mpc. But agree river oaks doesn't belong in the comparison group with the other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston