Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 08:35 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,821,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
Friend of my has been looking and there is very few inventory in the core First Colony area. He lost 2 houses to multiple bids.

Any houses that is somewhat desirable will be full price and multiple bids in areas zoned to Clements HS.

I do notice there is quite a few available in Greatwood but I think is 20% higher than last year.

There is also some inventory in the Creekstone area of Riverstone, which is the more affordable area of Riverstone.
To your credit, I noticed the majority of homes available in Sugarland were north of 59 near Meadows Place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 08:50 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
To your credit, I noticed the majority of homes available in Sugarland were north of 59 near Meadows Place.
There is a big difference between Meadows Place and First Colony. Most people moved to SL for the schools and be within close vicinity of Town Center.

Doing a 5 second search to show inventory is quite pointless. It is like somebody is asking about Meyerland and you click on City of Houston to show how many houses are available.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:44 PM

188 posts, read 349,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
There is a big difference between Meadows Place and First Colony. Most people moved to SL for the schools and be within close vicinity of Town Center.

Doing a 5 second search to show inventory is quite pointless. It is like somebody is asking about Meyerland and you click on City of Houston to show how many houses are available.
Yes. We r confining our search to first colony, riverstone, new territory and Telfair areas. Preferably Clements school area if possible 😀

Old 07-15-2015, 10:40 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,019,617 times
Even though it is still slim picking in FC, NT, Riverstone and Telfair, good homes are starting to stay on the market a little longer than during the last few months. I see signs of softening. But that makes it a good time to buy. Could get a nice home that doesn't need much work for ask, instead of going over ask and having a lot of work post purchase.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:23 PM

28 posts, read 35,422 times
Inventory count is higher, but so is the $/sq.ft. Thats a head scratcher. I know that there are many people who have listed their house on the market but are not in a rush to sell and particularly don't have a need to sell either (e.g. schools, job) but rather they are wanting to cash out on the house with the asking price. The word has spread far and wide that the prices in many desirable areas have gone up 100% in homes that are 10+ years old.

I agree with the person stating above that if you find a house that you like in your budget then pull the trigger. Or you can continue to sit on the sidelines waiting for that perfect moment

Old 07-19-2015, 03:35 PM

139 posts, read 356,145 times
Homes zoned to Clements and Austin HS are doing well in regard to sales. Home that are way over priced, with issues, or illegal modifications are not selling as fast. Especially in Sugar Land city limits because those homes fail inspections. One house in my area failed to sell two times because the owner had illegally paved the backyard up to the utility easement. There was another one that needed to remove a gas line that was put into the garage for cooking.

Else the best homes are "pocket sales"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly in sweet land View Post
Yes. We r confining our search to first colony, riverstone, new territory and Telfair areas. Preferably Clements school area if possible 😀

Old 07-19-2015, 05:42 PM

118 posts, read 254,279 times
I haven't paid too much attention to inventory since we don't plan on moving. However, I will say that we moved to NT almost three years ago. In the past 9-12 months, three homes in our subdivision have gone up for sale at almost double what we paid for ours! And went under contract within a week. Crazy! We are on the WSE side of NT, but a friend on the BBE side just listed and sold their home very quickly for asking at a pretty high amount, too.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:21 PM

30 posts, read 39,279 times
There's always homes for sale in Sugar Land. Check out HAR. Also if interested check out Aliana. Lots of homes available. I helped a member on here buy a new home in that area and he was able to get it for a great deal. Best of luck.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:19 PM

28 posts, read 35,422 times
Pricing for the most part seems to be unchanged. Market correction, if there is to be any, has not yet happened. I read in another response that inventory levels are much higher now than the were earlier in the year or when compared to last year. So with the prices remaining largely unchanged it must mean that the sellers aren't motivated to sell at a cheaper price point or that the homes in sale in sugar land are in a lesser desirable part of the city.
Tell your friend to find a house that they like and pull the trigger.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:00 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,240,851 times
Has the housing market changed dramatically in Sugar Land, particularly Telfair in the past 3 weeks? A real estate professional said that the recent drop in oil prices is significantly hurting the housing market in Telfair. Recent being the July drop. I suspect he is just speculating and telling me a story. I don't think the real estate market would turn south that quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston