Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:54 PM

268 posts, read 239,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
GASB 34 summary Summary of Statement No. 34

Where can I see the whole thing?
You're right to question.

He basically just made up the claim that governments are required to bill salaries on projects they manage. He has nothing whatsoever to back it up. I'd say he just shredded his own credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 11:00 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringBrancher View Post
You're right to question.

He basically just made up the claim that governments are required to bill salaries on projects they manage. He has nothing whatsoever to back it up. I'd say he just shredded his own credibility.
I'm not saying the user did tell a lie. I just said I want to see the rest of the document. I'm sure there is a document which has all the answers. Another document showing basic accounting principles would be good too, to teach C-D users how to read the information.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I'm not saying the user did tell a lie. I just said I want to see the rest of the document. I'm sure there is a document which has all the answers. Another document showing basic accounting principles would be good too, to teach C-D users how to read the information.
It's unfortunate that WRM20 jumped into the thread with an ax to grind, accusing me of lying about ReBuild Houston, claiming that the flooding problem was limited to street flooding, and the bizarre lie that city agencies are required to bill salaries to projects.

He also made the outrageous lie flooding couldn't have made it into city bonds because Harvey hadn't happened - completely ignoring memorial day and tax day. He claims not to be a city employee, but he must have an agenda because of the zeal in which he attacks flooding reform. Perhaps a private sector contractor or partisan?

Vote NO. This is the only weekend to do so. Flooding is a big problem that needs to be addressed not forgotten like so many flood victims ignored by the city.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:15 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,832 times
As a casual observer of this thread, I vote that WRM20 wins this thread debate. I'll vote yes. Thanks.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
As a casual observer of this thread, I vote that WRM20 wins this thread debate. I'll vote yes. Thanks.
Seems more like he has multiple accounts.

He never explained why flooding is not a problem worthy of getting bond money.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:59 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Ya' know... I had unsubscribed from this thread, wasn't happy with the vitriol being spewed about. But kept seeing it at the top of the forum, thought I would see if anything informative had surfaced.

Nope, same old crap. The OP is single-handedly keeping this thread alive with nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
My vote is YES also.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:05 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,020,071 times
Quote:
GASB 34 summary Summary of Statement No. 34

Where can I see the whole thing?
As a CPA myself, be careful what you ask for!

Here it is:

GASBS 34

Old 10-28-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Ya' know... I had unsubscribed from this thread, wasn't happy with the vitriol being spewed about. But kept seeing it at the top of the forum, thought I would see if anything informative had surfaced.

Nope, same old crap. The OP is single-handedly keeping this thread alive with nonsense.

My vote is YES also.
You can't bemoan vitriol and then make it clear you dont care about flood victims.

Half the city floods and 40% of the city doesn't care. And of that 40%, the most outspoken are city hall Turner partisans who seem to revel in knocking down flood victims.

You can't bemoan vitriol when you are the source.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:52 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
As a CPA myself, be careful what you ask for!

Here it is:

GASBS 34
Muchas gracias!

I'm not an accountant, so I'm not as knowledgeable about this stuff. I'm looking for anything which indicates the relationship between projects and salaries...

Last edited by Vicman; 10-28-2017 at 12:26 PM..

Old 10-28-2017, 03:17 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringBrancher View Post
Seems more like he has multiple accounts.

He never explained why flooding is not a problem worthy of getting bond money.
I have one account, and it's this one. I spend enough time here without creating sock puppets.

I never said flooding is not worth of bond money. It's just not in this bond, because there are no specific projects that require bonds for funding. The City can't just issue a pile of bonds with no plan for spending the proceeds. And so far, there is no coordinated plan for working on flooding issues. I'm not even sure that a root cause for the Tax Day and Memorial Day floods has been determined. Was it too much flow from upstream? Lack of capacity in the storm sewers? Blockages? Until that analysis is complete, spending mony on random projects will be a waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston